Bad Bluetooth sound quality iOS 12

Re: Bad Bluetooth sound quality iOS 12

Jainlight
Music Fan

This morning (Tues, Oct 30) word has it that iOS 12.1 is being released as I write this. If anyone finds that the new update addresses -- or doesn't -- the matter of Bluetooth playback distortion (as opposed to simple connectivity), can you post here? I'm clinging to my 11.4 as long as possible, but I know it can't last forever. Thank you.

rossmilner
Regular

Has not been fixed on latest update, still broken for me.

Michey24
Casual Listener
I confirm, even with iOS 12.1 the problem persists

Mixpower
Regular

Same for me, 12.1 still the same issue.

I am working with Apple Engineers to resolve this issue, will post back when I have more news!

rossmilner
Regular

Are you having better luck than me? The Apple engineers asked for SysDiagnose logs from me and when I provided them 3 weeks ago they never replied...

Mixpower
Regular

I recorded some clips with Wifi enabled and disabled, and they are working on a solution.

daniel_rie
Casual Listener

57287FA0-CEF1-435A-9B19-A39D304750A9.png

no response since 2 weeks - this is the only reply I got after I sent them more than 5 logs... I wanna go back to iOS 11...

bradleyn
Music Fan

Hi!

Thanks for writing about your issue. 

Please make sure you update to the latest software, iOS 12.1. iOS 12.1 fixes Bluetooth issues on iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.

If the issue still persists, contact (Apple) Support

Thanks.

rossmilner
Regular

Still no solutions... Now being ignored by the Apple team on bug reporter who stopped responding over a month ago...

bradleyn
Music Fan

Thanks for reaching out. Please contact (Apple) Support directly instead of reporting it as a bug as they can help you via phone or text directly.

Have a great day!

SUGGESTED POSTS