Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 14.6)

My Question or Issue

Is it normal using 20% background activity in 2 hours and a half? 

I've tried reinstalling the app, and background refresh is disabled already 

IMG_0116.PNG
5 Replies

Hey there @eslamabosaed

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

Have you made sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps? It can help remove any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if you started noticing this after an app or system update? 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue as above, phone drains 30-50% in an hour or so of background use. This has only been happening for the past few days or so, I noticed it at first on Saturday (3 days ago) so it might have been around the time Spotify auto updated to 8.6.62. I'm on iOS 14.8 and Spotify 8.6.62 with an iPhone 11 Pro. My phone heats up more than normal, too. I've tried a clean reinstall twice, and I've tried just turning my phone off. I've also got background app refresh off and low data turned on Spotify. 

I have the same problem with battery drains after latest update of Spotify app. I have iOS 15, tried to reinstall app, did not work. Support is useless, did not help and told me to reinstall again and again... lol 

242272830_387727229467698_1146730720325437830_n.jpg

SAME PROBLEM.

Iphone 11 PRO ios 14.8 then iOS 15.
Am loosing 20% of battery in less than 30 minutes with spotify when before I was loosing less than 5%

PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your posts.

We're aware of this behavior and the right teams are currently looking into it. Try following the suggestions in this Ongoing Issue thread. If the issue persists, make sure to leave a comment there with the info required and to add your +Vote.

You can also Subscribe to it, as we'll be sharing any developments over there, as soon as there are any.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts