Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Battery Drain in 4s iPhone - PLEASE FIX!!

Battery Drain in 4s iPhone - PLEASE FIX!!

Though I don't want to, I will have to delete the Spotify app on my iPhone. The drain on my battery is substantial and unworkable. I will keep spotify on my PC. I am afraid this app is not ready for prime time yet on mobile devices.
5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

We do have an open bugs issue regarding iPhone 5 and battery drain here but it has to be said its not something I have ever noticed on my 4s. 

What version of Spotify and iOS are you using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

iOS 6.1.3 is in my iPhone 4S. I loaded spotify just a couple of weeks ago, but just deleted it on my cell and can't look up what spotify version I had loaded. Is there is a fix? I am game to trying again.

@Jack427 wrote:
iOS 6.1.3 is in my iPhone 4S. I loaded spotify just a couple of weeks ago, but just deleted it on my cell and can't look up what spotify version I had loaded. Is there is a fix? I am game to trying again.

Going to pop this over into the iOS section.

Not sure if there is a fix, there will have been a few updates though if its been a few weeks.

When you say battery drain do you mean when listening or when Spotify is just running in the background? 

Peter

Peter

It drained even when I was not using it. It drained even when I logged off. Since deleting the app, my phone is keeping a battery charge as it did before I added spotify. I sure hope that there is a fix.

Best thing to do is double tap the home button, then hold the spotify symbol in the bottom tray until the little "-" appears and then press that and it will kill Spotify when you aren't using it.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts