Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

Latest iOS update

My Question or Issue

Lately my Spotify App seems to be consuming an extreme amount of battery - I’m seeing 50-85% of my battery usage being drained by spotify, with only few mins of practical use while the whole rest of the time is just on standy mode.

Just today I had 83% of battery used by Spotify, with literally 1min of the app used on-screen, and the rest in background (not even playing music for more than 10mins). 

Is this a known issue that is being addressed? My phone now last me less than a day because of this while not even listening to music, which is very frustrating.

4 Replies

Hey @RaptoP, I'm happy to help!

Could you let me know what your Battery Health is? You can check by going to Settings > Battery Battery Health. Also, when this happens - are you using Spotify over cellular data?

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My battery health is at 77% and I do use cellular data, but this is specific to when spotify is in the background.

I now conpletely turn off spotify most of the time and my battery usage goes back to normal, which tells me the problem is likely to be caused by the app.

Hey there @RaptoP.

Thanks for that reply!

Could you try deleting the Spotify app, restart the device and then download it again? Also, could you let me know your exact iOS version? Please go to Settings > General > About > Version to check.

Also, can you let me know the exact timestamps of when this happens?
Let me know how things go!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @RaptoP,

Thanks for coming to the Community to search for a solution! 

Please let us know what happens after following @Billy-J's advice. 

If the issue persists afterwards, could you confirm if this is happening while using Spotify Connect or when not? 

Keep us posted 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts