Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Battery life on iPhone 8

Battery life on iPhone 8

I have an iPhone 8, running IOS 11.2.6, which is the latest update as of 3/26/18, I am also running the most recent update of Spotify, 8.4.46. Which came out "6 Hours ago" The problem I am having is that my battery is draining super fast when I use the Spotify app, and my phone is practically a hand warmer it is getting so hot. At first I noticed it would drain my battery when I was using bluetooth, now it is even happening when I use the Apple headphones that came with the phone. I think it is a little funny that no other music app will have this effect on my phone. As a side note, I would like to add that when I play music it is always substantially quiter on spotify than any other source, how ever that is not the current issue at hand. Anyway, It makes me wonder why this all of a sudden started happening. My phones battery was amazing, and still is when I don't use this app. Back when I got my Iphone 8 in September and until about 2 weeks ago this hasn't been an issue. I love spotify and all the features it offers and the great interface, how ever, it makes me question if I should switch to Apple music just to combat this issue. I have a handful of friends with Iphone 8's that are also dealing with the same issues and are also considering changing media services or already have. Please just fix this small issues and I will stay a loyal fan of Spotify and will have nothing, but great praises for the service. Thank you.

15 Replies

I'm also suffering with this exact same issue. Iphone 8, past 2 weeks, huge battery drain when using spotify. I have had to switch to apple music as it got so bad but would much prefer to keep spotify. This needs to be resolved, or at least addressed guys!

I'm also having the same problem. Just checked the battery statistics, 1 minute on screen - 4,9 hours in the background, 43% battery usage today... wth. Battery Health is at 94%. Can someone please investigate and fix this? I love Spotify but this makes my iPhone unusable, can't even last a workday.

Same problem here on an iPhone SE for the last couple weeks. Spotify use just destroys my battery and heats the phone up. I've had to fall back onto Google Play or YT Music to get my fix. Hope this is corrected soon.

Regarding the heat, mine gets so hot that it wont even charge properly anymore. Plugged in for about 3h now, charged ~10%... this is unbearable. Come on guys, I really love Spotify, can you please investigate and give us a little feedback? Even a little "we're looking into it" or "we're waiting for a fix from Apple" would be fine by me!

Yeah any form of recognition from spotify would be fine with me. My phone dropped about 40% in an hour yesterday and became as hot as the sun.

ADDRESS THIS!

Yup, mine gets crazy hot especially when using carplay. Spotify please acknowledge there is an issue.

Also iPhone X 11.3.1 already uninstalled and reinstalled.

Same exact issue

60% battery usage. 18 minutes on screen - 3.2 hours background 

Spoiler

Yeah this is pretty bad. I have to force-quit Spotify now or it's guaranteed the next time I pick up my phone, it'll be almost dead. 

Same for me... iphone 8 last ios updates, spotify app uninstalled then installes again.. but battery drained.. 

im seriously thinking about going to change servcie and go somewhere else.. even though i don’t really want it.

but it’s more than a month and this issues hasn’t been resolved!!!

Can we please have this opened as a known issue??

First post was in March.. now we are in June.. and still nothing. This morning, I had to take a bus for like 40 min. I uninstall Spotify and start the the 3 month free from Apple Music..  and Then I wanted to activate the repeat on a song I like.. and no button.. I'm realllllllly sadddddd to move to Apple Music because I reallllly don't like the UI, Interface, everything .. but for now, my batery is still alive.. 

iOS 12 does not fix. Meaning this is a full fledged Spotify issue. Probably cryptomining. Going to say thats what it is until they tell us other wise and admit they have an issue.

I’ve had the same issue since the last update a month or so ago. 1m screen time, 1h background streaming and 46% battery usage! I used to be able to stream at work, with poor reception, all day and use less battery than that. Moved to Apple Music for the mean time, but I would love for Spotify to resolve this. 

I'm having the same issue and have tried everything everyone else on this thread has tried too. I have noticed that it happens specifically with any streaming plylists. Playing downloaded music does not drain the battery the same way as when I'm streaming. It drains so fast that my charger can't keep up. 😞

Suggested posts