Step 1

NEXT STEP

Battery sent from 98% to 40% in an hour

Solved!

Battery sent from 98% to 40% in an hour

Device (iPhone 7 Plus)

Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)

My Question or Issue

Battery is seriously draining even when plugged into power, background app refresh turned off and Spotify app is closed (double clicked and closed). 

9BDA5806-57D6-47A0-A695-1D6FA31B2D85.png
57F05D2A-48BE-440A-85B6-239A7EB7B30E.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

i have the same probem, battery drain. battery settings show that spotify is still showng background activity even though i have background app refresh turned off for spotify

iPhone x running iOS 12.1.12, spotify 8.4.85.963

Deleting then reinstalling fixed the issue. Not sure why this happened all of a sudden though?

PS can't see the button to say mark as accepted solution. 

Hey @Billy-bob,

The important thing is that it got fixed, I’ll ask a Community Moderator to take a look at it 🙂

@labpig

What other steps have you tried to address the issue? Could you try signing in with another Spotify account to see if that helps?

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers 👍🏽 not sure what happened but the button is there now!! Thanks for your help.

Really happy that’s solved your issue 🙂

Have a great week ahead 🙌

I just downloaded iOS 13.3 on my iPhone 7 and am experiencing the same issue (and the back of the phone is uncomfortably warm...

I have restarted the phone several times, both before and after reinstalling the app. 

Any other suggestions to solve this?

Edit: when plugged into a power outlet it’s not losing power.

Exact version of Spotify: 8.5.34.644

Hi! Know this post is old but I have the same issue. I have a brand new battery in my iphone 7 and Spotify is on top of the battery drain with "Background Activity". I charged to to 100% at 09:18 and now at 13:58 Spotify has consumed 23% of the battery even though it is turned of and I have turned off background app refresh. I am on the latest iOS version 8.5.60.881
Please help! I have used an Android phone on and off lately and never had this issue...

No heat problem but experiencing the same issue with excessive battery drain.

I'm also experiencing this problem, it dropped my battery -30% in 1 hour.
Iphone x, ios 13.5.1 and 13.6. I tried reinstalling and rebooting - no luck.

I’m also having this problem. Battery is draining within a couple hours. During music play, the app will stop working. If I got to restart my playlist, it goes to the beginning of the song not where it stopped. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, I have logged out on my device and my iPad. I have an XR with version 14.2. Spotify version is 8.5.85.836

Hi @jerry09,

Thanks for reaching out about this and looking for answers in the Community!

Our team is aware of this and they are currently looking into it. Head over to this Ongoing Issue thread for more info. Don't forget to add your +Vote and subscribe to the thread. This way you'll get notified as soon as there is any developments 🙂

Hope you find this useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts