Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Becoming an artist on spotify

Solved!

Becoming an artist on spotify

The things that were here are (probably) not required.

My Question or Issue

Does becoming an artist require you to pay? All I want to do is post some neat songs I found and that aren’t on Spotify so I can listen to these amazing things in my free time. Plus I don’t want to get in trouble when my father finds out that I used money for it. Anyway I searched a lot on the FAQs without finding an answer and frankly, I was getting bored of doing that. I hope whomever sees this can help me and that they can also help others with the same problem. If the actually is the answer somewhere in the FAQs, I probably missed it during my moment of boredom. Sorry for the grammatical mistakes I may or may not have made. English isn’t my first language and I didn’t learn “everything” in school yet. If anyone gets confused about my account age, my father told me not to put my real date of birth to preserve my privacy(?). Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @NotSuspicious,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

To make sure everything on Spotify is properly licensed, they require all music to be delivered by labels and distributors. We have deals with most labels and distributors, so if you’re signed to one just ask them to put your music on Spotify.

If you’re not signed to a label or distributor, we have deals in place with companies who can deliver your music to us and collect royalties for you. These are called aggregators/distributors.

I personally recommend using DistroKid, as they don’t take any cut from your royalities and have a great plan pricing. You can check out Spotify’s own recommendations at https://artists.spotify.com/faq#how-do-i-get-my-music-on-spotify.

Let me know if you have any other questions 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @NotSuspicious,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

To make sure everything on Spotify is properly licensed, they require all music to be delivered by labels and distributors. We have deals with most labels and distributors, so if you’re signed to one just ask them to put your music on Spotify.

If you’re not signed to a label or distributor, we have deals in place with companies who can deliver your music to us and collect royalties for you. These are called aggregators/distributors.

I personally recommend using DistroKid, as they don’t take any cut from your royalities and have a great plan pricing. You can check out Spotify’s own recommendations at https://artists.spotify.com/faq#how-do-i-get-my-music-on-spotify.

Let me know if you have any other questions 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts