Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Being ignored by Spotify for iOS app commercialization

Being ignored by Spotify for iOS app commercialization

Hey there,

I'll keep this short, though as descriptive as possible.

I have developed an app that uses the Spotify iOS SDK. We want to charge users to use our app (but not Spotify), since our app has special functionality and design.

As a developer you can apply for commercialization, and if you fit the bill for their terms and conditions, they supposedly will send you written approval for you to commercialize your app.

However, I believe that Spotify is intentionally ignoring these requests, as I don't know of a single app which has written approval.

Many of us over at the Github have expressed our concerns (I explain mine in more detail here) and have not gotten any word from Spotify. I am hoping to hear something here as to why we have to wait months and months on end (some of us have been waiting literally for years).

Thank you for your time.

Edwin

2 Replies

Hey @EdwinFinch! Welcome to the community!

I've escalated this to the folks backstage. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, let me know if any changes pop up.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @EdwinFinch!

Alright, this has been passed on to the right folks. They'll look into it. I'll be here if you have any other questions. 🙂

Have a nice day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts