Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black screen on iPhone when using AirPlay

Black screen on iPhone when using AirPlay

Premium

USA

iPhone 7Plus

iOS14 

Since I updated to iOS14 my iPhone screen goes black when trying to AirPlay Spotify. Very frustrating. 

12 Replies

Hey @jmo333, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there,

This did not work. I’ve tried rebooting and resetting/reinstalling the app, the phone and the Apple TV. 

I can see the Spotify menu on my TV but because the screen on the phone is black I can’t actually access the menu to do anything. 

Thank you. 

I have the same issue after updating to iOS 14. I have an iPhone X. I start playing a song on Spotify on my phone. Then if I choose to share screen with Apple TV or choose the Apple TV as a device in the app, Spotify goes to black screen and music stops. I have an Apple TV 3. 

I’ve got exactly the same problem, however I am iOS 13.3 still.

It does however seem to load some sort of odd iPad layout version of Spotify on the TV but of course I can’t select anything.

The only way round it I can find at the moment is to > Stop mirroring > Reload Spotify > Choose a tune > Start mirroring again resulting in black screen on iPhone but tune is streaming via Apple TV > Repeat the process for my next tune.

Hello, 

I have exactly the same problem. I already updated Apple TV en reinstalled the app on both mij Ipad and IPhone, but I still get a black screen when I activate Airplay. The problem is the same on the IPhone and IPad. I can see the Spotify screen on my tv, but the screens on the IPad and IPhone  stay black and after closing Airplay I have to close and restart Spotify. Visitors who use my Apple TV en who own IPhones don’t have any problems, Please help me because I can’t use Spotify on my stereo.

Frans

Just noticed I have the same problem here, open Spotify while connected to tv airplay and iPhone screen goes black. I can see the Spotify screen on my tv but have no way of controlling it. 

I just solved my problem! For years I used synchronous playback which is installed on Iphone and IPad. Now I tried the connection in the app from Spotify, which is visible when you choose a song by a little loudspeaker underneath the chosen song. Tab that and than Spotify plays bij Apple TV and your screen is still visible. 

It worked but when I tried to open the app “seconds” to workout only I can stream it to the tv through airplay and Spotify goes to a black screen again

I have updated Spotify, iOS, and Apple TVOS to their latest. But the problem’s still there. Frustrating!

Hi @ezeebee

Thanks for reaching out about this.

There has been an update since your last comment. Try running another clean reinstall of the apps and see if that helps.

You can also add your +vote to the Ongoing Issue thread and check what other users have suggested there.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts