Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluesound Node2i streamer issue with Spotify Connect

Bluesound Node2i streamer issue with Spotify Connect

ANone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

12 Replies

Hey @user-removed and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Do you need any help?

I'll be right here if you need me 🙂

I’m having problems with my Bluesound Node2i streamer with Spotify connect. It pauses randomly. And I can’t repeat one song automatically anymore. If I change a to the next song,it repeats the whole album instead.

The Bluesound team says it’s a Spotify problem. I registered here,because I think Tony who’s a Bluesound tech was here. 

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you also try using the Remove Offline Devices and Sign Out Everywhere from your Spotify account page?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I tried all those things. The Bluesound team said Spotify were know to have issues. I think it’s blah blah....

I’m on iOS,apple. An old iPad bought I 2015. And an iPhone 5s. But my iPad has very high ping!,

Thanks for patience,and trying to help me. But I’m lost at sea... I’ve even tried the steps you suggested again 2 times,to no awail. And also what I think is strange is that suddenly this happened with my brand new node 2i. I hade node1 before. But it’s the same on my iPad also,so can’t repeat one song by favorite band-Pink Floyd anymore. I can’t of of course, but I’ll have to it manually all the time. And it’s the same if I play from my iPad. So the maybe it’s Spotify problem,or they just have done this way. 

Hey @user-removed,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

Could you try a different Connect compatible device like a Chromecast or another speaker if possible?

Let me know how that goes.

Well I talked to a Spotify chat lady yesterday. She was very nice,and tried to resolve the problem. But she said the repeat 1 button has changed,hence you repeat the whole album if you change the the track. That’s so stupid! And I only have a Bluesound Node2i streamer/dac with Spotify connect. And the pausing issue is a issue on some set ups. I hope they fix it. I don’t wanna change to Tidal. Spotify premium set on 320kps is basically cd,and I’ve heard rumors they would change to hi fi quality perhaps in a few years. If course cd is better,but Spotify is so easy😎😎😁. But I’m having a new problem. But according to the Bluesound team this on Spotify api. I don’t really know what that is? But before you could close your app for a long a time,and still Spotify would be connected to my node2i. Of course this only happens when many hours have gone. But I was hoping Spotify could resolve the matter. Thanks,

Hey @user-removed,

Sorry for the delay.

Those seem like expected behaviours of the app but if you don't like it that way I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Also, abot the randomly pausing issue, could you tell me more about it?

Thanks 🙂

Well in desperation,I’ve tried tidal hi fi trial. But Spotify sounded so much better on regular normal sound,vs regular normal sound from tidal. Which is almost cd quality. The only edge tidal had,were the mqa masters albums. But even some of those albums sounded bad,and some very good. So I’m going back to Spotify 😎😎. But regarding the pausing issue, isn’t that infamous in the Spotify community?I use Bluuesound Node2i streamer/dac,it has built in Spotify connect. It seems to only happen when use my Node2i streamer. It’s not streamer. This is my second unit. I’ve changed password also. You never know. But I’ll try to log me out from everywhere trough the weekend. Then I’ll reboot my router and streamer. Thanks.

Hey @user-removed.

Glad to hear that you still wanna be part of the Spotify family 🙂

Keep us posted on your progress with the pausing issue. If you're still having trouble, let us know and we'll take a look into it.

Stay awesome!

spotify:track:3yUcJwYu7fXAfqMj9krY6l

Suggested posts