Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth Glitch (Not showing device upon dis/connecting it)

Bluetooth Glitch (Not showing device upon dis/connecting it)

The issue I have is that Spotify does NOT detect my bluetooth headphones under certain circumstances. Specifically, I have noticed this always happens when: 1) Spotify is already open and I don't kill the app, 2) bluetooth is disabled/bluetooth headphones are disconnected, 3) bluetooth/headphones are activated again, 4) I open Spotify. At this point, Spotify will not show the bluetooth headphones. The only workaround I have found is to: close the app; disable bluetooth; enable bluetooth; connect headphones; reopen Spotify. In other words, Spotify requires both the app and the bluetooth settings to be reset every time bluetooth headphones are disconnected before the app is killed and then reconnected. This has been going on for about a couple of months now, should that help locating the update that may be causing the problem (I am running the latest update on an iPhone 6). Please help fixing this, thanks. 

2 Replies

hi- i'm going to reply as best as i can. i understand the problem for the most part. first you obviously need to make sure that your headphones are connected to your phone by bluetooth, then go to the spotify app. if the song won't play through the headphones right way you should make sure that the green lettering underneath of the pause button is saying headphones instead of iphone. If it says playing from iphone, click that and change to the bluetooth headphones. i hope this helped!!!!!!

hello again, to get to the same place you can:

1. go to your library
  2. settings in the top right
  3. devices
  4. devices menu 
  5. make sure your headphones are there when connected to bluetooth !!

@avahofmann wrote:

hi- i'm going to reply as best as i can. i understand the problem for the most part. first you obviously need to make sure that your headphones are connected to your phone by bluetooth, then go to the spotify app. if the song won't play through the headphones right way you should make sure that the green lettering underneath of the pause button is saying headphones instead of iphone. If it says playing from iphone, click that and change to the bluetooth headphones. i hope this helped!!!!!!

Suggested posts