Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth Headphones Too Loud

Solved!

Bluetooth Headphones Too Loud

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS12

My Question or Issue

Bluetooth headphones are too loud even on the lowest setting. At one notch, they’re unbearable, one notch down, they’re off. From hours of internet searching, this seems to be across brands. It would be lovely to have an in app volume adjustment that can go lower than the iPhone’s lowest settings. (After years of internet complaints, I’m not sure Apple is doing anything.) A yoga app I use called Downdog has a volume slider that makes it possible to use Bluetooth headphones without it feeling like someone is shouting into my ears. Something like that would be so great to have with Spotify.

Help a girl out. 

Also up for other real solutions

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There's, unfortunately, not another way to adjust the volume in the Spotify app, but the volume slider sounds like a good idea! I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow other members of the Spotify community to vote and comment on it so it could be brought to the developers! 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @adele2121!

There's actually an option in the Spotify app. It's not a slider, and it's a little hard to find. If you go to settings>playback there's a volume level option. Try changing that to "quiet" to see if it helps. You can also change the settings in the equalizer (just a little underneath the volume level option), and just drag all of the little dots down to reduce the volume across the board! 

Thanks for the suggestion! I did both of these things and it helps a tad
but I still find the volume too loud in a quiet space.
Marked as solution

There's, unfortunately, not another way to adjust the volume in the Spotify app, but the volume slider sounds like a good idea! I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow other members of the Spotify community to vote and comment on it so it could be brought to the developers! 

This problem is marked solved, but is not solved. There's no way to reduce volume, but it would be extremely easy for spotify to address this. I've seen that thousands of people care about this issue. I pay for spotify premium, give us a -10db toggle or an in-app volume slider! It's not that hard!

Hey @snowmobeetle,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We'll make sure that your feedback reaches the right folks at our developer team. In the meantime you can follow the suggestion of @landonharris88 and take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. This page explains how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is NOT a solution.  I can't believe this has been ignored.  I'm trying to protect my hearing and Spotify is telling me there is no solution other than not to use the product.

Hey @P29436,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

We're sorry to know how you feel about this. Not to worry, we're here to help.

If the volume is too loud on your headphones, we recommend that you tap on the Connect icon and change the volume slider you can find below the available devices:

This slider is more sensitive than the regular volume buttons on your device, which will prevent the volume from going too loud to too low and viceversa. The slider allows you to turn the volume up and down gradually. 

We hope you find this info useful.

Remember the Community is here in case you have any questions. 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Andres, 

Thank you for your suggestion, but I’m afraid it doesn’t solve OP’s problem nor that other users are commenting on.

The Connect slider is synced with the device volume level. If the volume is set to the minimum the slider just shows as if it’s been set to zero, not allowing me to further decrease the volume. Needless to say this minimum volume is still too loud. 

A slider independent of the device volume level as it exists on PC Spotify would be a great addition!

Thank you for your attention

EF75FA1D-B126-4556-A8A6-BBEC7C34B017.png

This is related but not completely applicable to this specific question. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE and I also have this same issue, so it's not limited to Apple products. This question/feed popped up in my google search, so I'm hoping this helps others that don't necessarily have an iPhone. My solution was installing a Samsung app called Sound Assistant by Good Lock Labs and lowering the volume for the spotify app. I'm sure, as OP mentioned, there are other apps to do this for both android and ios. So far, that seems to be the only solution. I don't have a problem with volume on all my bluetooth headphones, only one. But now I have to adjust the sound setting on the app for all of them because I was getting a headache listening to spotify with my work headphones.

I have the same issue when listening to Spotify with my AirPods or with my Sonos speakers. My volume is set to "quiet" in settings on the Spotify app and I have the max volume setting at 10% on my Sonos app. The minimum volume is so high that my daughter can't fall asleep when I'm listening to classic music in the room next door.

This is ridiculous! And I see that this issue has been open for years!

Spotify, you can do better! This is a reason for me to move on.

Sound Assistant by Good Lock Labs worked for me on my Samsung A22. Bit fiddly but once it was set up, i could reduced below phones min volume without turning volume off.

Definitely worth giving rdeau's suggestion a try.

This is incorrectly marked as solved. I have the same problem on Android, And there is no way to reduce the volume, it is synchronized with the devices volume slider

How sad that the wired connection works worse than a wireless one

SPOTIFY you need to do better, this is BASIC stuff

Suggested posts