Bluetooth streaming - Apple Music shuts down spotify

PlanPremium

Country Germany

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

Most my iPhone connect with my car (Audi A6 2012 or headset Cardo scalarider Freecom 4) it will Pause the Music from Spotify and Start Music from Apple Music, but Spotify was Last played. When I now Open Spotify again it Play automatically on the last saved Location. But i must do it over the iPhone. This is Bad by driving with car and Not possible by driving with freecom on motorcycle. Is there a Solution?

4 Replies

Hey @KRNKjcid, welcome to the community!

On iOS, when you stop playing music with Spotify, it will only stay active in the background for a certain amount of time. After this time, iOS automatically closes Spotify.

Then, when you try to stream via Bluetooth, iOS checks what's currently playing and if Spotify hasn't been closed yet, it will resume Spotify. However, if it's been closed by iOS, Apple Music will take precedence.

A possible solution is to delete the Apple Music app if you don't use it, otherwise there is currently no solution available.

Hope this helps!

Ignore this, my post got duplicated! 🙃

Thanks for this solution. I'll try it with delete the Music-App. 

What happens, if iOS has closed Spotify and Apple Music isn't installed? Will it open Spotify as last played or will nothing happen?

Hey @KRNKjcid,

In my personal experience, it's a bit of a gamble. Sometimes it'll resume playing, sometimes it won't. It really depends on how long you leave it, I think.

Good luck though!

Suggested posts