Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth streaming.

Bluetooth streaming.

iPhone 6, latest iOS, latest version of spotify, equaliser off, download quality extreme, stream quality extreme.

Problem is distortion. I use spotify 99% of the time in the car and revently the quality is horrific. The signal is distorted, even at a low volume. This has happened with various Bluetooth speakers and mine and my wife's cars.

To be thorough, I have tested this with the native music app that is pre installed on the iPhone and the signal is perfect without any distortion, therefore, it is the spotify app itself.

I've tried re installing the app twice, removing songs, downloading again etc etc. nothing has cured this problem.

Now I know that you, spotify, as a company, don't really care that 1 out of millions of users have a problem, but this really needs looking into. I'm paying good money every month for your services.

Thanks.
8 Replies

I've also used spotify with an Aux cable and it works perfectly.

Hav eyou tried going on offlne mode and playing the songs saved to local files that migh fix it

I'll have a try this afternoon. Thanks.

If it worked please give me kudos and mark it as solution

Still the same. All the updates have been applied and the signal is still distorted at every volume level.

Still DOES NOT happen with iTunes. This is enormously frustrating.

i have exactly the same problem and have troubleshot this issue - everything else is fine bar spotify playback which is very distorted at the high end of a song and very quiet at the low end of a song. I have a brand new iPhone and have troubleshot playback with numerous other streaming and nonstreaming music files. Spotify always has distortion - has there been a work around or upate on this issue yet?

Update: I guess for the foreseable future we will have to use the AUX cable - if there - on your car to your iPhone as i just spent 15 mins testing mine - using spotify along with Waze and Googlemaps as well as other stuff and it works OK. 

I dont think you can use both bluetooth and aux at the same time - you couldnt in my 2015 elantra at least - as one seems to trump the other for dominance so i am not copacetic on how you would answer calls in the car. 

Street Photographer San Diego Skateboarder Surfer former X-Edge Screamer

Hi

I might have relevant info for this problem. And i might have fixed it.

For the past days I have been struggling with crackling and distorition on my iPhone using bluetooth headphones. The crackling and distortion is not there when i use the regular 3,5 mm headphone jack. Interestingly, the problem also is NOT there when playing songs from iTunes app. It is somehow related to using Spotify + bluetooth. 

So I started experimenting with settings. And it turns out, that maybe the crackling / distortion is caused by the built in equalizer in Spotify. 

If I turn it off, the distortion dissapears. 

However, another way to solve the problem seems to be to pull each control point on the equalizer down so that no points are above the middle line. 

I am speculating that what happens is that when any equalizer gain point is above the middle line, the audio gets boosted, and thats when things can go wrong. It seems the boosted volume affects the transfer of audio via bluetooth and results in distortion on the receiving end. Whether this is a hardware problem or software/bluetooth problem I dont know.

But Spotify should be able to fix it.

In the meantime try...

# deactivate the equalizer, or

# pull down the equalizer points so that all are below the middle line.

PS. If you want a boosted bass equalizer, you can still achieve that, by letting the lower end points remain at the center points, and pull down the points that are towards the higher spectrum. Then raise the overall volume = same effect.

My distortion problems on bluetooth are now gone it seems.

hope this helps someone.

That's a good temporal solution while Spotify solves the way it should work according to the standar why of interacting with an EQ.

Suggested posts