Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browse and Radio icons disapeared from the app on IPhone xr

Solved!

Browse and Radio icons disapeared from the app on IPhone xr

Plan

Only Home, Search and Your Library icons. Browse and radio are nowhere  to be found!Only Home, Search and Your Library icons. Browse and radio are nowhere to be found!

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone xr)

Operating System

(iOS 12.)

My Question or Issue

80BA57BE-F61D-4FD8-B07B-18B9D698266C.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No worries, it's not just you! In an effort to make the interface more streamline, Spotify has redesigned the ios app. As a result, the radio and browse buttons have been removed. You can still access these features, however, by going into the "search" page where you will find a completely redesigned page (where discover and browse features now live) and radio can now be easily found by searching for something (which will now produce radio results)!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

No worries, it's not just you! In an effort to make the interface more streamline, Spotify has redesigned the ios app. As a result, the radio and browse buttons have been removed. You can still access these features, however, by going into the "search" page where you will find a completely redesigned page (where discover and browse features now live) and radio can now be easily found by searching for something (which will now produce radio results)!

Thanks! I would never find it on my own! 

Which is exactly why having browse and radio in the "search" tab makes no sense.  Who would look for their radio stations in search?  Also I now have to click search and scroll to get to my radio page instead of clicking a single button.  Please at least give us the option to add buttons to the "quick bar" at the bottom.

Feels like poor UX design to me, you’ve added on multiple clicks for me to find new things in browse and it’s not obvious in anyway that it’s there. Especially since your last search item remains on the screen when you visit search, so you have to press cancel to even see that it’s there. Plus one on the idea to be able to manage what sits in your toolbar yourself. 

Suggested posts