Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browse and Radio tabs gone.

Solved!

Browse and Radio tabs gone.

Hey there,

I am a premium spotify user. Today my browse and radio tabs have vanished and are no were to be seen lol. But yea on a serous note, I need help bringing these back. Is this a bug? Is spotify aware of this issue? Oh and by the way I have an iPhone if that helps. 

Thanks. 

9E2817ED-01D6-4794-A82D-3E88479291A4.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for your post! This is not a bug, as Spotify has refreshed the look of the app to make it easier to navigate and find the music you love. Browse and radio have both been moved into the search tab. You'll find your top genres at the top of the page, and everything else from Browse, as well as a link to radio, are located under that. You can also always start a station by tapping the three dots next to artists, albums, songs, and playlists and then choosing "Go to Radio."

More information on all the changes can be found here.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Same here, I really hope this is a bug because if it's by design, it's a poor design choice. How can we bring these buttons back? I already tried logging off and then logging on again.

I hope so too. My friend has a Samsung and his has all the tabs. So it might be a bug. 

Marked as solution

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for your post! This is not a bug, as Spotify has refreshed the look of the app to make it easier to navigate and find the music you love. Browse and radio have both been moved into the search tab. You'll find your top genres at the top of the page, and everything else from Browse, as well as a link to radio, are located under that. You can also always start a station by tapping the three dots next to artists, albums, songs, and playlists and then choosing "Go to Radio."

More information on all the changes can be found here.

dinomightSpotify Star

I just realized that it’s a cleaner look in my opinion. Although it’ll take getting used to. Is this update just for iOS ?

Yeah, I personally got the update myself yesterday and am getting used to it as well. Glad you like the cleaner look, as the Spotify team was definitely trying to streamline everything so it would be quicker to get to everything you're looking for. At the moment, this is being rolled out to users on iOS and Android but not the desktop or web versions.

dinomightSpotify Star

Please bring back browse or discover tab 😞 

'New releases for you' is a little ways down on the home tab, but there is no 'new relases' in general. It was so nice hitting the browse tab and seeing 'new realeses right' there. It also functioned as a way to discover music that isn't necessarily similar to the music I already listen too. 

This design is obviously geared toward being tailored to the individual user's preferences, but it seems to be making the assumption that these preferences are static. When I discover new releases or new music I don't necessarily want it to be related to what I already listen to.  Intuitively if I really like an artist I will be on the look out for when they release new music and this is what 'new releases' for you' is kind of doing. A general 'new releases' functioned doubly well as a discovery tool.

Does anyone relate to this? 

Yes, I can fully relate and I strongly agree with what you said. The older style with the browse and radio tabs was easier to use. Radio and of course browse with all new releases were a tap away. The new interface however has a cleaner look and it’s honestly growing on me. Having an IOS device, I’m now used to the simplicity of user interfaces. But it’ll be cool if they somehow integrate the browse tab in the main screee.  It’s was very relevant to me. 

Suggested posts