Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

The artist page contains a section at the top labeled "Liked Songs", which should contain all songs from that artist in my Liked Songs playlist. However, it contains every song from every album by that artist that I have saved to my library. This seems like a bug, since the "Liked Songs" playlist does not contain all songs from every album I have saved. If this is "by design", then please reconsider as it is inconsistent with the functionality of the Liked Songs playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sandros77,

Thanks for you reply 🙂

We really appreciate the time you took to report this to us. We couldn't see the video you kindly sent us, nevertheless this is an expected behavior. 

If you, for example, hit the heart icon to give a like to a whole album, you’ll see all the songs on it in the Liked songs section within that artist's profile. Only the individual songs you’ve liked will be found on your Liked songs playlist. Additionally, hitting the heart icon on an album will save it in your library.

Your opinion it's really important to us; we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Can confirm. The same happens on the desktop app.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We'd like to investigate this further as we tried this from our end without being able to reproduce.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note, does this occur with one specific artist or multiple artists?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording if the issue persists after you've performed a clean reinstall.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Can anyone confirm if a clean reinstall helped them or not? I don't really want to go through all of that if it won't help I have an artist stuck in my top 4 on their profile it says I have 18 songs liked but I only have 2. 

Hi Jeremy,

This occurs for every artist on both mobile and desktop. Below is a link to a video demonstrating that the Liked Songs section on an artists page is significantly larger and contains more songs than I actually have liked by her in my Liked Songs playlist.

https://imgur.com/a/IQUgAZr

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hey @sandros77,

Thanks for you reply 🙂

We really appreciate the time you took to report this to us. We couldn't see the video you kindly sent us, nevertheless this is an expected behavior. 

If you, for example, hit the heart icon to give a like to a whole album, you’ll see all the songs on it in the Liked songs section within that artist's profile. Only the individual songs you’ve liked will be found on your Liked songs playlist. Additionally, hitting the heart icon on an album will save it in your library.

Your opinion it's really important to us; we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator

I see, thanks for the clarification. I would just like to reiterate that I think it is confusing that liking an album does not add songs to your liked songs playlist, but it does add them to the liked songs playlist under an artists profile. It seems like contradictory behavior. For instance, just because I save an album does not mean that I "like" every song on that album, so those songs appearing under the "Liked Songs" section of an artists profile is not technically correct. I suppose I just disagree with the intended behavior.

Hey @sandros77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! 

It seems that other people feel the same way and have created an Idea about this. If you'd like to see that option available, go ahead and check this idea here. Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts