Country

Estonia

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 16

My Question or Issue

Scenario:

Walking home while listening to music with my AirPods. Upon arrival I'm switching Spotify to my Sonos speaker using the device switcher menu. The music starts playing on Sonos, BUT when I start putting those AirPods back into the charger the music stops for some reason.

Now, it would've made sense if I had been using AirPods as my primary listening device,  but since I switched to Sonos it doesn't make sense anymore.

Please fix 🙏

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @p3rsonald1zaster,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. Since the playback starts from your phone and you're using Bluetooth headphones, that's taken for the app as the main playing source. Since your headphones are connected via Bluetooth from the first playback source, which is your phone, the phone recognizes the Bluetooth connection is gone when you put them on the case, and automatically stops all the media playing (including Spotify).

As a workaround, we recommend you try to close the app on the phone when putting the headphones in the case, while the playback is coming from the Sonos device. If the app is closed on the phone, playback shouldn't stop on Spotify.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @p3rsonald1zaster,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. Since the playback starts from your phone and you're using Bluetooth headphones, that's taken for the app as the main playing source. Since your headphones are connected via Bluetooth from the first playback source, which is your phone, the phone recognizes the Bluetooth connection is gone when you put them on the case, and automatically stops all the media playing (including Spotify).

As a workaround, we recommend you try to close the app on the phone when putting the headphones in the case, while the playback is coming from the Sonos device. If the app is closed on the phone, playback shouldn't stop on Spotify.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for the insight! I hope Apple will provide an API to help work around this issue in the future.

Suggested posts