Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] [iOS] Music Stops Playing after Several Tracks

[Bug] [iOS] Music Stops Playing after Several Tracks

Description:
The ios application stops playing after several tracks. The playhead may continue seeking normally as if the song were playing, but no sound occurs.

To reproduce:
Seems to randomly occur on both premium and free playback.
It is suspected the issue on free playback may be when the application tries to load a commercial.

Workaround:
None: Restart music manually.

Additional information:
None at present.

If you are having this issue, can you please post:
What make and model of phone you are using.
Your ios version.
Your Spotify version.
If you are using Free/Unlimited/Premium
For Premium users: Does this happen in offline mode?
If you have any local files synced from your computer to your android device.
Thanks!

Here's an odd spin to this issue that I have been having and am able to reproduce every time:

This bug occurs every time for specific tracks in my library. These tracks are downloaded offline, however the issue doesn't occur for all offline tracks. These seem to be the first tracks I saved into my "Saved Music", likely before purchasing premium. I am now always on premium.

The kicker: It happens to every song for a specific album: "Alt-J - An Awesome Wave". Obviously there must be something deeper at work here, as that just doesn't make sense. For what it's worth, I believe I "Starred" the entire album together.

1 Reply

@lacymorrow Welcome to the Spotify Community.

I've seen a similar bug yesterday, kindly refer to this:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Spotify-Mobile-Stops-Playing-after-a...
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts