Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug-report: alarm not working with new version

Bug-report: alarm not working with new version

When setting an alarm to turn off the music it just causes a slight pause then the music come back on. iOS 4 app works fine with this feature. Guessing this has something to do with the iPad not having a clock app
7 Replies

Hi,

I use Spotify on iPhone (iOS 5.1.1) and use Apple's Clock app with a timer to switch off my phone (with Auto-Lock) after whatever time I set.

However, when using the command "When timer ends: Stop Playing", the Spotify app ignores the command and keeps playing regardless till the battery runs flat.  It used to work fine, but I don't know if the Spotify app broke this, or iOS 5.1.1 broke it.

Using the Clock app with Apple's own Music app it works fine, the music stops playing, and my iPhone goes to sleep with Auto-Lock after 2-minutes.

It might not seem earth shattering in terms of importance, but I listen to Spotify all the time, and especially at night when I go to sleep so a fix would be great.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  How can I submit a bug report?

I've not seen a mention of this so apologies if it's here and my search didn't find it.

Thanks!

Elliot.

Hello there.

We have had some of our iOS team take a look at this and couldn't find anything particular relating to the Spotify app in regards to this functionality, so it might very well be something in iOS 5.1.1 that might have affected this.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I believe this needs to be investigated further. I've used spotify premium on my iPhone almost ever since it was first released and I've never come across this issue until recently. It's exactly as the above posters described. There is a slight pause but the music picks right back up.

I have now used it in iOS6 and the issue still exists. When on 5.1.1 the issue is not present when using the iOS4 version of Spotify, This isn't a great resolution because I am not able to use all the features that are part of the new app that is iOS5 dependent. 

Thank you,

Paul

I just had this exact same thing with the newest Spotify version released a few days ago. I'm on iOS 5.1.1 and an iPhone 4S.

Same thing there, quite annoying…

Very frustrating. I'm forced to listen to apples music app to conserve battery at night. So I have to get all of my music back to apple music app then what's the point of spotify? Please fix soon

Suggested posts