Plan

Free

Country

Device

iPhone SE ,

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

so you know how when you search an artist you can click on their songs underneath the artist/band name? and view their most popular songs? yeah well now I can't do that and I haven't been able to do that for a while and I've tried everything, uninstalling the app and downloading it again, updating my phone, rebooting my phone, logging in and out of my account but I still can't view the songs from my favorite artists and I'm **bleep**. I do a lot of important work with finding songs on Spotify and getting inspiration for my songwriting and well now I cant so thanks for that. I apologize for how mad I may sound but I am always having constant issues with Spotify, yeah what luck, and this is my last straw. There are other issues that have become a huge problem for me as well and I just need to know how to fix this.

I just go on the artist and click on the songs underneath I keep clicking and nothing happens it just seems to like... bounce or whatever its doing and I can never see Led Zeppelin's greatest songs unless I find someone's playlist full of their songs so thanks for that Spotify, I also can't click on albums either, like- okay sometimes I really need to know what songs are in Elvis' blue Hawaii album but nope- won't let me click on albums either. I could do all of this nearly a month ago and one day I suddenly can't see any songs through artists or albums.

the same issue presents with podcasts but the podcats have done this probably the whole time I've had Spotify, I can't ever click the more button and read the rest of the summary on an episode or what the podcast is about, so that's great. 

THANKS

if you need a visual of how I literally can't click anything I can attach something later maybe, it will be hard to send a screen recording to my computer then attach it to this post in the little time I have.f

-update they're in a zip file because I can't get them to download regularly because also google photos seem to not work either and when I try to extract the videos and add them it says exactly " The file type (.mp4) is not supporreted. Valid file types are: jpg, gif, pdf, png, zip, .mp4." OKAY WHAT??? ITS MP4 AND IT SAYS MP4 IS VALID??? BUT THEN IT SAS IT ISNT SUPPORTED???

sorry, just I'm tired of not being able to catch a break lately my luck is so bad and very horrible. 

5 Replies

wait why did it bleep out **bleep**??? what??

Hey there @negative7dseven,

Thank you for your post and for the explanation. We'll provide you with some more info on this.

The ''and more'' button that used to show a preview of the songs in a playlist on the free version is no longer active. We appreciate your feedback on this and we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team here.

You can leave a +Vote on this idea if if you'd like to see the button active again and subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Thanks again for the feedback, it helps us improve our app. 

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thank you so much for the response and information, i appreciate. but also why on earth would you change it if it worked out on the free version before.... that’s a really dumb change just to get more people to pay way too much just to view artists, it’s really a stupid way to make people pay a lot of money just to use a basic function such as searching artists albums, i’ve never needed premium before though i can’t stand the adds and how they all seem to advertise inappropriate annoying music that won’t go away no matter how many times i click “i don’t like how this sounds” or “inappropriate” or whatever in the dislike button, or honestly scary anti vape adds if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night while listening , though i could tolerate the adds. now this just seems dumb i mean on most other apps i’ve used i’ve been able to search up songs in my favorite albums. 

if this was your goal to get more people to pay for the dumb premium them congratulations you’ve succeeded because i really do need that feature that was free before and for no reason available anymore. it’s really unfortunate i have to pay now because i’m broke as heck and probably putting too much care into the fact that i save all my liked songs and artists and playlist, and use it as my number one way of finding new songs but guess i can’t do that anymore as i can’t preview freakin songs. 

still thanks for responding, i appreciate the care, i just don’t understand, why change a basic feature...

Hey @negative7dseven,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@negative7dseven PREACH!!!!! IVE BEEN HAVING THIS ISSUE TOO!!! PLEASE FIX IT SPOTIFY!!!!!!🥺🥺🥺

Suggested posts