Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Calls to my phone don't come in when spotify is playing

Calls to my phone don't come in when spotify is playing

Description

Whenever I am listening to Spotify on my phone and a call attempts to come in Spotify stops for second and then continues playing and the call goes directly to Voicemail.  This happens everytime I have spotify running.  

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1.  Start Spotify and get a radio station running.

2.  Have someone call me.

3.  Spotify stops, application screen drops then reappears and music continues.  There is no Indication that a call is in process of coming in.

4. If person leave a voicemail, I get the notice of one.  If they did not, then I get no notification of a call until I leave spotifuggle. 

What I expected to happen

I expected that when a call comes in that Spotify would temporary stop, the receiving call screen would show and I can decided to either accept or reject the call. 

What actually happened

What did happen is that Spotify drops and then restart, as if the program hanged.  I then either get the iOS notice of a voicemail or when I go back to the desktop I see that I have missed calls. There is no indication that a call is coming in. 

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4S

Device’s Operating System

iOS 6.1.2

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

14,  I mainly listen to the radio function, so this is where I have seen this.  I have not used my playlist on my phone.

My mobile Spotify version

App 0.6.0.181   Core: 0.7.1.6554

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My provider and country

AT&T, US

My username

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

17 Replies

That's really strange. I have never encountered that issue before.

It first I just thought it was just the application crashing, but when I started to check my call log at reach time it happen, I notice it only happens when I get calls.  

I just tested it out on my iPhone 4 and your bug did not happen to me

This is happening to me as well. I'm on an iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2 using the latest version of Spotify. Happens pretty much all the time.

What have you tried so far?

Have you tried a hard reset of you iPhone?

(Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.)

Yes, I have done  hard restart.  

Something that I thought of yesterday is I had my phone connected to the computer when this happen.  

I am going to try a test today, have the application running, unplugged from the computer and call it and see if it does it then. 

The only thing I can think of is that "Do Not Disturb" is on.

Community Ergo Sum

Unless it is the application turning it on,  I don't use that function and I have it turned off. 

Ok, I just did a test.  With the phone plug in to the computer and Spotify running.  Called my phone, Spotify stopped the music, then the incoming call screen flash for less then a second and then the spotify application screen came back up and the music continued.  

I then disconntect the phone from the computer and repeated the process.  Same thing happen, Spotifiy stopped the music and the incoming call screen flashed.  then the applicaiton came back up and started the music back up.

The incoming call screen is not up long enough for me to select or reject the call. 

I can submit this as a bug soon. Is there any more information you can think of that might help our QA people reproduce this?

For example, do you have any other phone apps installed? I'm thinking WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, etc. And, have you tried uninstalling them?

Community Ergo Sum

Does exactly the same thing on my iPhone 5. I don't have any of those apps you listed installed. I've uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify, done hard resets, done full restore as new phone etc. still does it.

Tat happens to me (iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2), too. My calls are not forwarded to the Mailbox, it just rings and rings for the caller and there is no chance to get to the call - I tried clicking on the phone-icon for example.

Whatsapp and Skype are installed.

Ok, I do have WhatsApp and Skype.  I deleted them, did a hard reset and did my test.  Same results, soptify stopped the music the Incoming call screen popped up and then the spotify app continued. 

I have tons of apps/games.  but those are the only two of that type I have.  

Any update on this? It's getting pretty annoying missing calls when Spotify is running...

I am having the same issue, when a call comes in, the music pauses for about a second, then restarts, my call gets pushed to voicemail.  I am using iPhone 5, on Verizon, IOS 6.1.2, newest update of Spotify.  This issue seems to have started after the most recent Spotify update.  I have Viber on the phone, but have not had it running in the last week or so (not in the background either).  

I did figure out that it only does this when the Spotify Screen is up, if the phone screen is off, then the call comes through.  So when charging, the screen stays lit, and all calls get pushed.  

This happens to me every time.  I use my phone for work and I keep missing calls when I am listening to the radio function on Spotify.  I have the premium subscription.  I am using an iphone 4S iOS 6.1.3 on Verizon.   I have the latest  Spotify version. Can we please get this issue resolved?  I will be canceling my subscription very soon if this is not resolved as i keep loosing money when the calls are dropped.

Thanks to everyone for reporting this. I've now submitted a bug report for this. I'll close this thread and ask everyone to add your details and feedback in the new bug thread.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts