Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I listen to an album from beginning to end, not shuffled

Solved!

Can I listen to an album from beginning to end, not shuffled

I signed up with Spotify yesterday. I'm not doing well with the UI (on an iPhone).

I finally figured out how to find whole albums, but it seems that the only way to play them is via a button labelled "shuffle play".

Does Spotify support the ability to simply play an album in order, just as I remember it from the casette edition I first purchased 40 years ago? Or do I have to have the tracks randomized?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Tomanak

I assume you are on Free plan. If that is the case, there is a limitation of free plans on mobile that they are allowed only to play on shuffle (except for few autogenerated playlists). This limitation does not exist on the desktop apps. For more info please read the official support article.

Hope this makes things clear. If you have more questions, let me know.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Tomanak

I assume you are on Free plan. If that is the case, there is a limitation of free plans on mobile that they are allowed only to play on shuffle (except for few autogenerated playlists). This limitation does not exist on the desktop apps. For more info please read the official support article.

Hope this makes things clear. If you have more questions, let me know.

Thanks. I hoped that might be the problem, but I wasn't having any luck finding official docs.

Suggested posts