Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can a free user stream 320kbps radio?

Solved!

Can a free user stream 320kbps radio?

My question is simple... If i am a free spotify user, will i be able to stream radio at 320kbps on my iphone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Stavari wrote:
I thought that was so... But why does it give you permission to choose it from the settings? I can choose all the qualities without the app declining me to choose the 320kbps setting.

Hi,

This is because the app is coded for premium users to be able to stream 320kbps. Even if you select it, it won't stream in that quality.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies

No, you won't 🙂

Liam

I thought that was so... But why does it give you permission to choose it from the settings? I can choose all the qualities without the app declining me to choose the 320kbps setting.
Marked as solution

@Stavari wrote:

Hi,

This is because the app is coded for premium users to be able to stream 320kbps. Even if you select it, it won't stream in that quality.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you! I will keep it at 320 though for psychological reasons! xD

Suggested posts