Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can both my wife & I to control CONNECT via our iphones but with only 1 Premium account?

Solved!

Can both my wife & I to control CONNECT via our iphones but with only 1 Premium account?

Hello

Is it possible for both my wife & I to control Spotify Connect via our iphones but with only 1 Premium account?

At the moment we just tend to play downloaded music through an ipod dock speaker system, but I want to overhaul our system.

I am interested in joining Spotify as a Premium member in order to use the Spotify Connect feature around our house.  I just need to make sure that both my wife and I will be able to use it.  This is the ONLY feature of Premium membership we are interested in.  I understand Spotify Connect allows you to use your phone as a remote for the music.  But, can Spotify Connect be on both our phones and operate the same speaker system if we only have 1 membership?

Fortunately we have similar taste and we do not listen to different music out loud at the same time.  If we want to listen to different music at the same time e.g. on our computers then using a spotify free account would suffice for this.  But really we are just after a joint system for playing out loud.

I might be able to stretch to £10 per month but £15 joint membership is pushing it too high for us at the moment, particularly given our requirements.

Is it the case that we can both use our iphones to control the music that’s playing, e.g. if I have already logged in on my phone and playing music in the lounge via Connect, then my wife comes in to the lounge and wants to operate Connect too, she would simply have to log in (with same password) on her phone which would log me off but the music would still be playing seamlessly?

I guess as well as our phones we could use a family tablet which we could share?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes this will be possible.

Spotify Connect can be controlled by different devices as long as they are signed into the same Spotify account. All you need to do is make sure the apps on the different devices are logged into the same account. When you open up the app (doesn't matter what device) it will show the current song playing and you will be able to control it. It won't log the other device out if you are worried about that. The whole process is pretty seamless. 

Note:

Spotify premium accounts are meant to be for individual personal use, but since this is more of a living room thing it will be ok.

Each Spotify account is only allowed one stream at a time. If you want more than one stream at a time you should consider the family plan.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes this will be possible.

Spotify Connect can be controlled by different devices as long as they are signed into the same Spotify account. All you need to do is make sure the apps on the different devices are logged into the same account. When you open up the app (doesn't matter what device) it will show the current song playing and you will be able to control it. It won't log the other device out if you are worried about that. The whole process is pretty seamless. 

Note:

Spotify premium accounts are meant to be for individual personal use, but since this is more of a living room thing it will be ok.

Each Spotify account is only allowed one stream at a time. If you want more than one stream at a time you should consider the family plan.

MattSudaSpotify Star

thanks!

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts