Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can i sync my Ipod nano with spotify?

Solved!

Can i sync my Ipod nano with spotify?

I have an ipod nano and i cant sync he with spotify. I´ve seen that i can put my spotify music there. But i dont understand the process at all. I conect the ipod to desktop version, but the app dont recognizes the ipod and dont pops up the bar "devices" or the option "erase your ipod and sync to spotify". I´m little confused about this, if is possible or not. Someone help? (Windows 8/ Ipod nano 7 generation)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, unfortunately it is not possible to sync any songs from Spotify to the iPod Nano. The feature you are referring to is an old feature of the desktop app that allowed you to sync MP3s to the iPod, however this never allowed you to sync Spotify songs to the iPod.

This feature was removed a while ago from the desktop app.

Sorry about that!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, unfortunately it is not possible to sync any songs from Spotify to the iPod Nano. The feature you are referring to is an old feature of the desktop app that allowed you to sync MP3s to the iPod, however this never allowed you to sync Spotify songs to the iPod.

This feature was removed a while ago from the desktop app.

Sorry about that!

I was hoping to do that as well so I can then play songs from my Nano in the car. but as this isn't an option and nor is transferring MP3s to an SD card I'm going to have cancel my subscripotion and go with Apple music 😞

Hi @b0x3d, understandable if you would like to be able to transfer MP3s to an SD card, however Apple Music isn't going to be able to sync saved tracks to an iPod Nano either. A safer option would definitely be to purchase an iPod touch 🙂

I'll be trasnferring MP3s to an SD card (I can also transfer MP3s to my iPod Nano). I have an iPhone and play Spotify via Bluetooth but the sound isn't as good as playing directly from the built in HDD or an SD card because I can't adjust bass etc. - have a unique problem I guess - shame because I prefer Spotify interface/apps to Apple music and stream to an old Bose sound dock via GoogleCast. Pros and cons to each but transferring to memory card and playing in the car is the priority. Hopefuly my next car will have Spotify built in 🙂 

Hey @b0x3d, not sure if you are aware, but there is an equalizer that lets you change some settings in the iOS app. If you click the settings cog on the "Your Library" tab > select Playback > select Equalizer, there are different options in there you can configure.

Give us a shout if you need any further assistance!

Hi is it any generation of ipod touch?

Hi @user-removed, sorry not sure what you're asking about here. You should be able to sync tracks to your iPod touch as long as you have a Premium subscription 🙂

Sorry was wondering which generation of ipod

@user-removed Spotify will run on iOS 7 and above, so that means only the iPod touch 5th generation onwards is supported.

and how you can do that?

Dude, even apple music unlimited doesn't work on nanos

Suggested posts