Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer listen/sort downloads by artist

Can no longer listen/sort downloads by artist

USA/iPhone X/Premium 

After the new update, I can no longer just sort my downloads by artists and listen to what I have downloaded by artist. I have to select a specific album. The “artists” tab just shows me artists that I’m following, which is two because I don’t use the follow function, and those take me to the artist’s main Spotify page, not my downloads from them. Why can’t I just go to my downloads, pick an artist, and listen to what I have downloaded from them anymore? That seems like a pretty standard function to have gotten rid of. 

CS

9 Replies

Same issue on my galaxy s9. Terrible.

I also cannot sort by songs. for example, I cannot shuffle my song list anymore becuase there is no song list in my library AT ALL. its gone. 

artists tab empty, song tab gone alltogether 

iphone 6 

Cjscharr, a doubt. As you say, with the new update, only the artists you follow appear in the "Artists" tab. But do the artists mix with the people / users that you follow in the "Following" tab? Or do they have no relation?

I hate that in "Following" of my account, spotiy mix people I follow and artists. Especially if you follow many people and many artists, it is chaos.

Same here, Galaxy S7 Edge.  Come on Spotify, at least let users know that you are aware of the problem.  Music libraries are sorted by "artist" before any larger groups make a difference.  Is anybody out there working for Spotify?

There used to be the filter at the top of your "liked songs" (aka BASICALLY YOUR LIBRARY) and you could select downloads only. Now it only allows that filter for whole albums/entire playlists? It's ridiculous. 

For me, it moved my entire song library into a playlist called "Liked Songs." maybe the same for you

**bleep** you are so right

it totally is there in that playlist now. What the? How strange! 

Still missing all of my artists tho. All gone. Don’t follow any artists or have any downloads, that’s how I want it. But i still should have that list. So stupid. 

It did. And I can no longer sort that "liked songs" playlist by downloaded vs not. I can ONLY sort downloaded if it's an album or playlist that has been downloaded in its entirety. And I RARELY do that. 

There is no “following” tab. There’s playlists, artists I follow, and albums. Those are the only options. And again, following an artist does not allow you to sort your downloads by that artist. 

Suggested posts