Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer play local files.......

Can no longer play local files.......

I just upgraded to the new iPhone 6 expecting to have improvement, but have had nothing but more problems from the already crippling ones that already exist in this app with local files.

Before, when a local file was played, if it was paused it would break the play/pause button, so you could not resume the song. When a local file song was done playing all the way through, the queue would stop and no song would play after.

Now, I cannot play any local file on my phone. Everytime I try to play one, it says "Unable to play song" in a push message. Furthermore, certain local files (random, it seems) will not sync over to my device, leaving the dark gray title and saying "Song not synced" when you try to play it (even thought there is enough space). All the playlists with these songs that won't sync over have the "Pending" message over them from my desktop client, and nothing ever happens. I guess it doesn't matter if they sync since they can't be played anyway......

2 Replies

There is a current bug that causes some local files with (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) and sometimes even without special characters, to not sync.

It is likely that the local files will not play and sync due to this bug.

There have been other reports of this and your post sounds similar.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

YOU ARE USELESS.

Suggested posts