Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can not sort playlist on Ipad

Solved!

Can not sort playlist on Ipad

Plan

Premium

Country

usa

Device

Ipad

Operating System

(iOS 10

When I click on a playlist, on the Ipad, there is no way to sort the song order! Why can't I see the "title" "album" or "date added" tabs that are shown on desktop version? I have seen other post where you can click on "edit" to allow me to manually move songs around in an order, but for a playlist with thousands of songs, this makes no sense! I like to play in reverse order of date added and not sure how this is possible with an Ipad? Please help!

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

​​​​​​Hey there @blackironskille!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

You should be able to sort your playlists by following the steps below:

1. Open the playlist.
  2. Pull down and release to display Filters and Search icon at the top.
  3. Tap Sort for sorting options, or Search icon to search for a particular song.

If you don't see that option, screenshots of what you get when you pull down the name of the list while it's open will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

​​​​​​Hey there @blackironskille!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

You should be able to sort your playlists by following the steps below:

1. Open the playlist.
  2. Pull down and release to display Filters and Search icon at the top.
  3. Tap Sort for sorting options, or Search icon to search for a particular song.

If you don't see that option, screenshots of what you get when you pull down the name of the list while it's open will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Elana! That is what I was looking for. But, wow is that hidden! It took me several tries of "swiping down" to get that to even show up. Why not have it clear? Three dots or something where you can find it easily? I'm afraid if I don't use this for a few weeks, I will forget and won't be able to find it again...

Hey @blackironskille,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Additionally, if you think that other users would prefer that option as well, it's well worth adding it to our ideas board here. Others can then vote on it or add to the conversation to show their support. 

Also, you can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts