Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPad Pro 2018

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

The iOS app for Spotify shuffles all content (albums, playlists, etc) by default and I cannot find where to disable this setting.  The green play button always has a little white shuffle icon in the lower right with no way to turn it off that I've found.

Steps I have tried to fix:

1.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the app (several times)

2.  Tried disabling on the desktop app on both Mac and Windows to see if it was account-wide

3.  Created new playlists with the content in the right order

4.  Tried clicking on every ... icon I can find in the app in the context of a song playing, an album, or a playlist and no option to disable shuffle appears.

5.  Tried starting the first on the first song in a list, but it just stops playing after that song completes.

Please advise.

8 Replies

Support helped me figure this out, and I wanted to post it for everyone else.

Once you start playing a song from a playlist or album, you can click on the album artwork on the left hand side of the screen to access to the shuffle on/off button.

Hey there @thewebgeek,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We're really happy to hear that you figured it out. Thank you for sharing the information in the thread.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Please add the shuffle toggle back to the main window playback controls.  

Hiding the control to toggle shuffle is crazy.  Thank you.  

Having to go to the song to disable it EVERY TIME I play my playlist on my iOS device is idiotic!  A temporary fix is NOT a 'solution'.

Yes, please bring back the shuffle and repeat button to the main window. There is enough room!

What else is the advantage of using an iPad for Spotify than better controls and more space to select a song/playlist?

Why would you NOT have the shuffle on/off control on the play controls? It makes 0 sense, please add it back.

I commented on this exactly 2 years ago and still no.  It’s easy to find shuffle on the iphone, but still takes extra steps on ipad.  

The other option: Don't click the HUGE (PRESS ME!!!) Play button. I know it's hard. It's just sitting there, begging for your attention like that clingy guy/girl from college. Don't do it.

Click on the first (or any) song in your playlist, and the songs will be played in sequence, starting with the one you clicked.

Suggested posts