Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't 'Like' or 'Dislike' Radio Songs

Can't 'Like' or 'Dislike' Radio Songs

Over the past couple of weeks I have lost the abiltiy to 'Like' or 'Dislike' songs on the radio On my iPhone 5s.  When I attempt to 'Like' or 'Dislike' a song I get a message that says "Something went wrong".  However, in troubleshooting I discovered that I can still 'Skip' a radio song.

As part of my troubleshooting effort, I started and stopped the Spotify app and then uninstalled an reinstalled the Spotify app.  Did a Google search looking for a solution but could not find one.  Attempted several searches on Spotify looking for a solution without success.  This is pretty frustrating.  While I really like Spotify the lack of support is appalling.  Any ideas on what to try next would be appreciated.

36 Replies

Model: iPhone 5

iOS Version: 7.1.2

Spotify Version 1.9.0.2744 (Free version)

Error Message: "Something went wrong!"

I get this whether I'm on wifi or not... I can maybe "like or dislike" one or two songs and then I consistenly get the message. 

Hi everyone,

Everyone who has reported this issue in this thread is a Free user. If you restart your apps - double-tap the Home button, swipe the Spotify app up - then use Radio, are you able to use the thumbs-up on tracks before you get an ad? Is it only after you get an ad that the button stops working?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

You've nailed it. I cannot thumb up or down a song after an ad. Before the ad plays, I can succussfully thumb up or down a song.

Thats my only observation after many days of noting all my variations, that was the only constant that jumped out at me. I hope you can get a fix for it soon. I really love spotify and tbh I went back to pandora briefly and find the ads more anoying and the app more clunky and cumbersom, so keep up the good work and kick this bugs ass asap please.

Adam,

Per your directions, I stopped Spotify and restarted Spotify.  Attempted to 'Like' the first song up and got the standard error message, "Something went wrong!"  The 'Like/Dislike' function still does NOT work.

As a note, from the parallel thread below Premium Spotify members are also having this problem.  Hence, despite the rabbit trail, this problem is not related to ads or no adds. Can we PLEASE fix this?  It has been nearly 45-days since I first reported the problem.  Now this thread has hundreds of views.  Given this, it appears the 'Like/Dislike' problem is not a one or two user issue.

Bill

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/quot-Something-Went-Wrong-quot-dis-l...

P.S. I check to see if the Like/Dislike function has started to work nearly every day.  Over the past 45-days I have had a couple of instances where it worked briefly for a few minutes, then the error message came back. 😞

Before the question gets asked, the radio Like/Dislike problem continues with Spotify 2.0.0.1643.  From earlier posts, I would be happy to work with Spotify engineers to to help troubleshoot this.  However, what troubles me is that it takes days for Spotify to respond to user postings.  Understand everyone is understaffed and overworked.  However, this is a serious issue with very serious impacts to your user's experiences.

I am not a free user and I am having this issue.  iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1 and Spotify 2.0.0

Closing the app from the recent apps list and reopening it does not fix it.  

After TWO months of NO resolution of this issue or even a real acknowledgment that Spotify Support understands the problem I have went back to PANDORA.  While in my view Spotify offers more functionality, at least PANDORA consistently works.  Not personal but as a tech professional I have found that of the many different support organizations that I have dealt with over the years, Spotify Support ranks dead last or worse.  

In an attempt to help get to the bottom of this wretched problem I offered on a couple of occasions to help Spotify engineers troubleshoot this persistent and very annoying ‘Like/Dislike’ problem.  However, I have yet to hear from anyone.  To get someone’s attention at Spotify I even attempted to tweet the problem to Spotify.  All I have ever gotten back was kind of a high-five response that they’re working on it.  Really TWO months and no resolution? 

Unfortunately, no one at Spotify Support has ever really fully acknowledged the problem or the pain that this problem is causing for both free and premium users.  On multiple occasions users have provided our device type, iOS version and Spotify version but nothing happens.  On the release of Spotify 2.0, my hopes picked up briefly only to be quickly dashed to pieces on the discovery that the ‘Like/Dislike’ problem had not been corrected.

Finally, with this level of abysmal customer support why anyone would move from a free to premium Spotify membership would be unexplainable.  All this said, I am continuing to monitor Spotify's response to this issue.  While I remain hopeful that someone at Spotify Support will get on this and resolve it, given this horrific experience I really doubt I will come back to Spotify ever.  Good or bad if this level of poor to awful customer support continues, Spotify will be crushed by PANDORA.  Really too bad as Spotify is really a better product.

Spotify has been working with me on and off for the last few weeks. They are working on it and have made comments as such, and even said which twitter feed to tweet to. I went back to pandora and left after a day to come back to spotify. The latest version of spotify still has the like/dislike issue but on a much less often scale, at least for me. I have also learned that I can change playlists and start using the like/dislike buttons again. Before it was only after ad breaks that it would act up, not its a lot more random. I will agree with you to a degree that Spotify should monitor this forum a lot closer and should have a much bigger prescense here. But in the long run you gotta do what you gotta do. Me. I will live with the bug and keep working with them when the contact me.

Peace.

Tiemmothi - Appreciate your reply. Thank You!  As for me I am back at PANDORA and loving it!  Life is too short to deal with substandard buggy software with no support whatsoever.

I too am having the same issue!! so annoying.... I was going to go premium but after this likely not.  I am IOS 6 with Iphone 3gs.  The only other service here in Canada is Deezer which I like but it does not have any deals or coupons.

Can't like or dislike radiosongs for couple of weeks
Don't get error
Thumbs up and down just aren't clickable (grey in stead of white)
Spotify 2.2.0.2462
Ipad Air iOS 8.1.2

Just to add one more user who's having this issue.  I was definitely thinking of taking up your 99 cent offer, but am wondering what I'd gain, even at that low a rate.  When I click "like" first I get a response with a check mark "Improving station", and then a second message with the "something went wrong" message.  Only twice in over 50+ likes has the like button worked.  And yes, dislike doesn't work at all.  Fortunately, I'm very fond of the genre I'm listening to, so haven't felt the need to dislike too much stuff.  But this is getting darn annoying.  There are only 2 songs in my "liked from radio.." playlist as a result of this.

I'm using a 4th gen iPod Touch with my home wifi.  Don't know if this would occur in web browser, haven't tried it yet.

I have the same problem... somebody of spotify please!!!!!!

I am using a Macbook Air, with El Capitan" 10.11.1 system

Simply button doesnt work 

Me too! El Capitan 10.11.2, spotify 172.31.28.241

I am having the exact same issue. How frustrating indeed.

Also having the same problem. 3 years from the OP posted and they still haven't fixed it!

Suggested posts