Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t Make a Hidden Song Unhidden

Solved!

Can’t Make a Hidden Song Unhidden

While using smart shuffle, I found a song I liked and I accidentally hit the hide button instead of plus button. Now I can’t make the song unhidden and add it to my liked songs. I have tried to press the unhide button but it doesn’t exist in my likes songs. I can hide/unhide the song from its album but not from my likes songs. Someone please help me!! I just want this song in my likes songs. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

(iPhone 12 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 16.5)

IMG_8514.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alex_rains03,

Thanks for your reply here.

In this case, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row to your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general. Once you've done that, try to tap once more on the faded song.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind giving more details on what's exactly happening on your side? Did you accidentally hide a song in a playlist made for you, like Discover Weekly or Release Radar? Or did you accidentally hide a song while the Smart Shuffle was on?

Lastly, would you mind sharing with us the make/model and OS of the device on which you noticed the mentioned behavior, along with the Spotify version you're running there?

Keep us in the loop! 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I’m having a similar issue. Listening to the DJ and accidentally hid a song but don’t know what song. I know it’s one I would have listened to and now don’t know how to I hide it.

*unhide it

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you try the steps suggested in this article and see if that works? Consider trying on different devices too, if possible of course.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This did not help. The article is outdated. I try and tap the minus button next to the faded out song and nothing happens.
Marked as solution

Hey @alex_rains03,

Thanks for your reply here.

In this case, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row to your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general. Once you've done that, try to tap once more on the faded song.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind giving more details on what's exactly happening on your side? Did you accidentally hide a song in a playlist made for you, like Discover Weekly or Release Radar? Or did you accidentally hide a song while the Smart Shuffle was on?

Lastly, would you mind sharing with us the make/model and OS of the device on which you noticed the mentioned behavior, along with the Spotify version you're running there?

Keep us in the loop! 

AlejaRModerator

Thank you! That fixed it. I removed the song from my liked songs on my laptop (which was unhidden), logged out of my laptop and iPhone, logged back in on both, added the song to my liked songs from my phone, hit the three dots next to the song and it came up with the unhide option.
Thanks again for your help! 😊

Suggested posts