Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Upload a new Image to my Spotify Playlist anymore

Can't Upload a new Image to my Spotify Playlist anymore

I am not able to change the cover of a new made playlist anymore. Since the last update it doesn’t work anymore. I have the newest version and Spotify premium for IOS on Mac. I don't know what I am doing wrong, I already have deleted Spotify and reinstall it and the pictures I want to upload are the right size (under 4 mb etc)

28 Replies

Hi there @avdh,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we've just come across this thread.

If you're still having this issue, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app first. This is a bit different than simply deleting and reinstalling the app. You can find detailed step-by-step instructions here.

Alternatively, you can also try changing the playlist cover from the Web player.

Let us know if that helped. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

your solution doesn’t work for me what should i do

Hey @Angelle0305

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network. 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hello,

I tried all you said, but it still doesn't for me as well.

Please, do you have any other way of upload it ?

thank you

Hi there @teeeeee,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

Can you let us know exactly what's happening when trying to update the playlist cover? Is the image not being updated or you can't select a different image at all?

Sending us the link of the playlist would come in handy to have a better look at what might be happening.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi!

I am having the same problem as the others. I followed all of the advice above with no luck. 

We can select and upload photos, but it will not let us save the changes. It produces a potential connection error; however, I've tried a multitude of internet/data and device sources

If you're still having this issue, I'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app first. This is a bit different than simply deleting and reinstalling the app. You can find detailed step-by-step instructions here. Alternatively, you can also try changing the playlist cover from the Web player

CUIMS

I’ve tried both of these things! Twice. It does not work! 

Hey there @kyla_1108,

Thanks for joining the thread. Let's try our best to get to the bottom of this!

We appreciate you sharing the steps you've tried so far with us.

Could you also upload a screenshot of the error message you're getting, accompanied by the link of the playlist?
Also, does this occur on all platforms (desktop, web player and mobile)?
If you haven't checked, please do and let us know!

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

It wont work ON web player, no matter what i try

Hey there @Peradventure,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Could you please follow up on all of the requests given by @Elena earlier? This will help us get a better idea of what are you exactly experiencing. It'd be good if you share with us if you have tried any troubleshooting so far and to send us a short video of the situation. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

I’m having this issue as well (in the ios app). For me nothing happens when I press “change image”. Same thing when I try to clear cache. I’ve tried everything else. 

Hey everyone! If you're still having this issue, I've found the solution: your image is too big. Use a smaller image. I promise this will solve your problem.

Yes. This worked for me.

100% the answer. Insane that it took all that to figure it out.

I have the same issue and nothing works unfortunately 

Take a screenshot of the picture you want to put as an album cover, and put that screenshot as a cover instead.

Or, just make the picture smaller in an online picture converter.

But you might have to do it several times, to get the picture small enough, as few megabytes as possible! The smaller the better. 

NOPE!...nothing and I mean NOTHING works to get a profile pic or photo, no matter what size, network, cookies cleared, installed, reinstalled, open, close, reopen OR anything else will let us put a damn photo on our radio page profile pic!!! wth do ya gotta do to get magic decoder ring to get a profile pic up on Spotify???

why cant i post a picture on my playlists? its broken

Suggested posts