Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't access -Settings- on iPhone 4S

Can't access -Settings- on iPhone 4S

Since early this week when the update for iOS was released I now can't access my settings within the spotify app on my 4S. This means I can't use the play offline mode. The setting is there but since the update the currently playing or next up is minimised at the bottom of the screen blocking access to access the settings option! I don't want to go down the line of going into the main iphone setting and turning off the data option as I'd like to be able to access email etc while listening to my music offline!! Please help...
39 Replies

Never mind my issue is now resolved.  I removed the app completely from my Iphone 4s and than went to t he app store and reinstalled it again and logged back...voila! 🙂  I will have to say what a nusiance....

Hi. Really strange problem. If I go offline on my iPhone it has a bar at the bottom of the screen saying "offline". If I try and click on settings I can't because the screen isn't big enough. I have to delete the ap and reload. Any ideas?

Would it be possible to grab a screenshot?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Bit lacking in tech skills here - how would I do that?

image.jpg

Because the menu is bigger than the screen then even though you can drag the menu up you can't select the settings option. So you can't go back online

That's perfect, I will get this reported now for you.

Edit: Reporting its the same if you have a Spotify Connect play bar too. I can just about tap the settings button still.

Peter

Hi @Crystal_pixie I've just merged your posts with this similar thread. 

Mind posting the following details while we look into this:

1. iPhone

2. iOS

3. Spotifiy app version

Thanks!

iPhone 4S
Version 7.0.4 iOS
Spotify version 0.9.3.212

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info. We're looking into this at the moment. Hopefully we'll have a fix out to you soon.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've got just the same problem. Unable to access settings on iPhone 4S. Is there any update on this?
IPhone 4S 7.0.3 (11B511)
Not sure of the spotify version as I can't see the settings! However I have delete and downloaded from the App Store the latest version which cured the problem for 24 hours.
Looking for a fix please.

I have the same issue, but  I've found that if I'm very careful I can touch just the Settings tab if I scroll up as much as possible and am very careful to not touch the song banner at the bottom or the Friends tab above it. If you have large fingers, you're probably screwed. This is ridiculous, so I hope they can fix it.

Impossible to change settings, once you did select the offline mode on 4s-- for me too!

Bump! This issue is still relevant. Any news on it being sorted. It's very annoying. Only happened since the update to include spotify connect

Bump.

Is there a fox for this? I've the same problem here.

No, I've yet to hear or see Spotify fix this issue and I don't really think they care.  So, in the mentime I will try and find other streaming services.  If Spotify doesn't want my money someone else will.

Spotify - 

When will you fix the setting issue?  It is an annoyance and this issue prevents me from closing out of this app.  Please explain.

- 

@missjenn33 - You mean closing the app or logging out? You can close the app without the settings menu.

Once its been reported, we are at the mercy of the developers to fix it, but iOS release cycles always do seem to take longer than other platforms - most likely down to how long it takes Apple to approve apps. 

Peter

I think they've found a fix.  I've had the same issue with my iphone 4s.  It seems they have moved the "Friends" menu item to the Profile page. It has been fixed on my husband's account, but I have not yet received that update.  For some reason he always seems to get Spotify updates a few weeks before me. 

Yehaw as @akrussell7 said above, this issue has now been resolved!! Thanks Spotify team, great service 👍

Suggested posts