Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add Star to the songs after update

Solved!

Can't add Star to the songs after update

After this update I now can't add a star to save songs to my starred playlist. Had no issues before. Can anyone help?

Before, starred songs were highlighted with the star in green. Now I can see the star option, but it won't select, stays grey if I touch it and songs don't save to the starred playlist. Plus the songs in my starred playlist don;t have the star highlighted/selected any more, even though they are showing there. So frustrating, as the star option is my main reason for paying for spotify!

27 Replies

How do I make ALL songs in my "Songs" collection available offline? You see, this was what I was doing with my Starred collection, before your massively screwed up "beautiful great and so on" upgrade. And I still prefer yellow vs grey clear visual cue that a song is starred or not, than your all-the-same black/grey look with a few dots difference between the two.

Before you say "you can still use Starred as any other collection", let me ask you: how do I instantly recognize that a song is starred? Or do I have to put it in Starred playlist every time I hear it, just in case?

Really, really bad job. Form over substance, not thought over at all.

I really feel stupid being your Premium User right now, as your "designers" just showed how little they care about the users. Instead of, say, providing finally option to clear the cache on iOS Spotify App, they thought it is much more important to paint it black and break the functionality completely.

I will check whether Rdio has most of the songs you do, and then it is Goodbye Spotify for me.

I agree, this change is not ideal. As a frequent air traveler, the offline feature of the starred playlist, and the ability to quickly access it was the best part when discovering new music. There does not seem to be a way to make the "songs" playlist be available offline, and this would also require you transferring all starred to "songs". I would highly suggest the star feature is put back.

The star Function is essential for me. The Ipad shows the star functiion zhe i phone and the mac not. This is not what i want.

I hope they fix this. I use spotify on iphone, ipad, and computer.

I liked that the starred or liked songs appeared in the starred list because I'm forgetful.

So when I switched to another device and wanted to listen something I starred a day or so ago it was helpful! This way I could find whatever I last starred no matter what device it was on...

I just downloaded the most recent update and it is still not corrected... The function works fine on iPad however...

Hi, i also miss my starred functin. Why dös it. Work on ipad and not on iphone.if its Not solvent i change. Harry

This update really sucks, it totally destroys the way I use Spotify!

Please bring back the star and don't marginalise it.

At the very least, make it possible to add songs to multiple playlists in one go. If I want to star a track and add it to a couple playlists it's way tooo many clicks!

@Spotify 

Bring back this Star !!!

Why it got deleted in the last update? It's totally bullsh to add Songs on m own. Thumb down for that.

Suggested posts