Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't add album to playlist

Can't add album to playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I went to an artist's page, found the album I wanted to add, tapped on it, tapped the three dots, tapped "Add to Playlist", tapped the playlist I wanted to add the album to, nothing happens. I check the playlist and the album's songs are missing. Am I missing something here?

4 Replies

Hi!

Check out this thread from 'Ongoing Issues' on Spotify Community which explains that you might need to reinstall the Spotify app to make sure it is fully updated. Please reply if this issue continues after reinstalling!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Adding-albums-EP-s-to-playlists-feature-is-disappear...

Nope. Tried all those solutions already. Didn't help.

Hi there!

Hmm....

I've tried doing it myself, and it worked for me. (Your steps are correct, so you're not missing anything.) Could you tell me the Album name so I can try adding it to a playlist? Also, can you put other albums in a playlist?

In the meantime, if you can't put the album in a playlist, you can like the album, then listen to it from Your Library, under the "Album" section. 

Or- if you want to put the songs in a playlist, (this will take time) you can add all the songs individually into the playlist. 

Hope this helps!

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This is different from a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

It would also be great if you can let us know if this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts