Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Users unable to add songs to a playlist on iOS devices

Hey folks,

We've received reports that users are getting the error message "We couldn't open this link" when adding tracks on playlists on iOS.

Lyubka_1-1694067930119.png

This is being investigated. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

Our tech folks have worked their magic backstage and this issue should now be fixed on the latest app version (8.8.69). 

We'd recommend that you check for updates in your App Store and make sure you're using this version.

Cheers!

Comments
Ginam301

9/7 - new update in app fixed issue for me!
I am trying to add songs to both an existing playlist and a new playlist. When I select the button to add songs, I receive the following pop up error:

Couldn’t open link

spotify can’t open this type of link on this device. 
I used Spotify within the last few days and didn’t have any issues. Update 8.8.68 updated this morning. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 11 pro

madsmikks

I am also having this issue. 

IMG_9951.png

Icarus_Blessing

Same issue here, worked just fine until the update

Edit: It’s fixed now!

Jr87

Por qué cuando quiero agregar canciones a cualquier playlist me dice que Spotify no puede abrir este tipo de enlaces en este dispositivo

Luciella

Hi there, I have a premium family account. I am in Australia and have an iPhone 14. With ios 16.6 software. My spotify app on my phone is up to date with the most recent, available update. 

About 2 hours ago I tried to add a song to a new playlist and it came up with the pop up in the photo attached. I have deleted and reinstalled the app as well as restarted my phone. The pop up keeps occurring. I have deleted playlists, songs, and have tried a lot of playlists and the issue continues to happen. I have read a lot of posts on this page and have tried literally everything I can think of and would really appreciate a solution. 

31ibcisf6khkit6tmvqa

Hello, I’m trying to add to my playlist and I’ve tried reinstalling the app and Turing my phone off and one and the storage thing. But every time I click “add to playlist” it says “couldn’t open link”  please help me

Plan

Free

Country

Device

iPhone 11 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Remorsee

Seems like an issue on spotifys end now, browsed all the forum posts and reddit included. tried everything. quick reinstall, full reinstall, rebooted my phone twice, made sure i was properly updated.  Nothing worked. i’m assuming it’s an issue with spotify now. hopefully will be fixed soon. 

(i’m on IOS 16.6.6 latest, with an iphone 11 pro.)

AshSkz
  1. Me sale lo mismo 😞
AshSkz

Cuando quiero agregar canciones a cualquier playlist me dice que Spotify no puede abrir ese tipo de enlaces en este dispositivo

Lyubka
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

In the meantime, we'd like to ask you to try adding the song to playlist from Search. 

If you've already tried and you’re still experiencing this issue, make sure to add your vote and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version;

• exact Spotify version;

• your country;
  • Screen recording showing the error.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.