Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect my iPod to spotify - have premium

Solved!

Can't connect my iPod to spotify - have premium

Hi!

I want to connect my iPod to spotify but nothing happends. I have the app on my ipod, have connected it with USB cable to my computer and opend the app on my ipod, but nothing happens!

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Abundance wrote:

I'm having the same issue except I have an Ipod nano, stills seems to sync to iTunes after trying to put it on manually and closing the program.

Is it a 6th gen+ iPod nano? 

If so unfortunately they are not currently supported by Spotify due to this open bug with lightning connectors

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What type of iPod do you have? 

I am guessing sicne you say you have the app on your iPod it is a Touch.

If so, then you can't sync it using a cable. 

You should be able to log in on the Spotify app on the iPod using the same details as on the desktop and your playlists should be there waiting for you. If you want to sync local files to your iPod, you need to connect your computer and the iPod to the same WiFi network, and follow the instructions here (use the iPhone one, since the apps are the same). 

Peter

Peter

I'm having the same issue except I have an Ipod nano, stills seems to sync to iTunes after trying to put it on manually and closing the program.

Marked as solution

@Abundance wrote:

Is it a 6th gen+ iPod nano? 

If so unfortunately they are not currently supported by Spotify due to this open bug with lightning connectors

Peter

Peter

Thanks for that piece of info, I'm new to spotify and discovered that thee is no beginners manual to figure out how to use it, there is no one to call and no one to email if I want to learn something I google it, I'm using the 30 day trial and if I cant figure it out I will look for a music service with instructions on how to use it

thanks

greg

Suggested posts