Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

So I open up the Spotify app and I can see my sonos devices there waiting to be connected to. I click on them to connect and it says connecting, but then nothing.

This is the same on my iOS app.

They are clearly there but just won't connect.

Strangely when I go through the Sonos desktop app I can paly things from spotify there without problem.

Help!

169 Replies

Rediculous! I just quit Apple Music and switched to Spotify primary so I could control Sonos from Spotify. Now I'm having the same problem as everyone else. My Sonos app is up to date, I've reauthorized Spotify within Sonos, I've deleted and readded Spotify to Sonos, I've deleted Spotify from my phone and readded it, I've switched wifi networks. In all cases I can see my Sonos as a "device" within Spotify but it immediately reverts back to my phone when I select Sonos. So frustrating! Why doesn't Spotify address this or at least explain it!?! Going to cancel my Spotify account if this isn't resolved shortly.

Same here. And this just stopped working., I used to have it working for a very long time but not anymore. Someone somewhere introduced a bug. Please Spotify fix it. No suggestion seems to do the trick when in reality there should be no trick. This app should be able to pick up your Sonos system on the network.

Me as well. Please fix this issue. Nothing suggested here works. 

Me too

Tried removing/reinstalling Sonos and Spotify. Tried factory reset of tablet and router. No problem connecting to Chromecast from Spotify, but not Spotify connect.

Sonos works fine. Frustration. 

Same here can't connect whit my Galaxy s8 or s7 or webplayer. But my kids Iphones works fine.

Same here, been a problem for me now and again, but been able to fix it. This time there's no solution. Fix this Sonos and Spotify!

Having same problem. Used to be able to fix it temporarily by solution mentioned all over this thread but nothing works now. Customer support (sonos) is closed on the weekend. Spotify displays the sonos speakers but just won't connect.

Have tried (with all up-to-date apps): 

- Removing spotify service from sonos app and re-adding it.

- Reauthorize spotify service in sonos app

- Reset wifi network, after that reset speakers one by one

- Reinstall spotify app
- Tried on another device, same problem

Thought I got some failproof and easy to use speakers for my parents. This is seriously ridiculous...

Same problem for me. Is Spotify even listening to us? 

I have been using spotify connect on sonus for about 9 months with no issues. As of a few days ago this is definately broken. With all of the recent  posts there is no question someone updates introduced a bug. Someone...Spotify or Sonus needs to take action on this issue. Since the product having issue is the sonus system, Sonus needs to take this to spotify and work on a solution.

Come on guys...If the music service gaining the most traction in the market place cant work with  your product, your doomed. Lets get this figured out.

Same issue for me. For months I was able to control sonos through my spotify app in my Galaxy S7. Now nothing. I see the available speakers, but nothing happens when I click on the speaker of choice.

I can control spotify and the speakers through my sonos app, but the interface for spotify (which is already not great even in its own app compared to most music services) is attrocious through the sonos app.

I have tried all steps mentioned in this thread in the rcommended, and other orders, but can't get it to work.

SONOS: Either redesign spotify interface in your app to resemble the actual spotify app, or get this functionality through the spotify app to work!!! I will be saying good bye to SONOS otherwise.

Diagnostic report number: 8167081

Have had this problem for a few day and spent hours trying all the suggestions found here.  Reinstalling apps, reactivating Spotify in Sonos app, checking wireless, rebooting speakers.

I could see the devise from Spotify App on both my Samsung mobile phone devices but when I tried to connect it did nothing.  I could connect fine from Sonos app - but not directly from Spotify.  After trying many things in the end installinf Spotify on my desktop and connecting immediately worked and then I could also connect from my mobile device.

This is definitely a bug introduced by Spotify. My app on my Android phone was updated November 27th, about the time I noticed Spotify connect won't pick up Sonos system anymore. There haven't been any updates on the Sonos app recently so this one falls on Spotify. Let's all bomb Spotify with emaisl about the issue. I'm very confident Sonos +Spotify is the most used duo for Spotify Connect and that Sonos wouldn't probably sell their system had Spotify not been a music provider for them. It's got to be fixed.

Typical of Sonos to ensure Apple devices work okay - If there's one major gripe on my part, it's that Sonos favour that platform, Android users come a poor second. There's still no voice control from Google Home kit, it's coming in the New Year apparently, but there's no urgency. It makes me wonder about Sonos' future given that there are other more open and innovative alternatives. 

If your parents aren't too demanding sound quality wise, why not try Google Home? 

Spotify connect has not worked for me for a few days now. I have tried on Android and also Windows desktop. Although both my Sonos devices are shown, it won't play on them. I have tried Spotify Connect against my XBox and that is working fine. So the only problem is Sonos. It only happened after last Spotify update.

Just unplugged system, uninstalled apps from phone, and then one by turned back on modem, and then speakers one by one. Then installed Sonos app, then Spotify, then connected them, and, although I continue to see the SONOS speakers, when I try to connect NOTHING HAPPENS!!! My daughter's iPod connects perfectly of course through the spotify app! I just tried my PC, and nothing - can't even see the SONOS speakers! Come on SONOS.

Same problem and tried uninstalling ( the standard solution for Spotify issues) . Seems their agile software development process means Spotify don't care. Just wait for next update.

That didn't work for me.

reauthorised.

Reboot android.

uninstalled Spotify

Uninstalled Sonos.

reauthorised.

Still no go.

the Sonos is shown but selecting it has no effect and still plays from the phone.

Re-installing spotify is the "restart you computer option" spotify use instead of writing reliable software.

Absolutely right - no interest from Spotify for this regression.

Wish spotify would stop messing with working software.

Android + Spotify + Sonos is not esoteric.

IT DOES NOT WORK.

Suggested posts