Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

So I open up the Spotify app and I can see my sonos devices there waiting to be connected to. I click on them to connect and it says connecting, but then nothing.

This is the same on my iOS app.

They are clearly there but just won't connect.

Strangely when I go through the Sonos desktop app I can paly things from spotify there without problem.

Help!

169 Replies

This indeed worked for me too... weird though. Come on guys, this can't be so difficult!

On the Sonos forum they say that at the moment the only solution is installing an older version of the Spotify app... this sucks.

Since a couple of days I have the same problem. Tried everything: uninstall + reinstall Spotify app and Sonos App, multiple resets of my speakers, changed & tried several settings, removed Sonos (in Spotify) as an approved app. and added Sportify again, reauthorize Spotify in Sonos, checked and reset my wifi multiple times, nothing worked!? 

I don't know if there is a new issue or if my recent change to Spotify Family has anything to do with it?

Has to be a Spotify issue. I've installed an older version and everything back to normal. Spotify don't seem to give a darn to be honest. Sonos have been on the ball there end.

That worked for me too. Delete the Spotify app and install the previous version. Found that here: https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1671480

Installing the earlier version worked for me too.. need not to forget to disable the auto updates on google store (if that's what you are using), hope they sort it soon.. 

This is not a solution.  I have reinstalled spotify, reinstalled sonos, reauthorised spotify.  Still the same problem.  Sonos is visible in Spotify's "Devices Available", but it no longer switches to sonos from spotify.  Very disappointing, as this was a key feature of Sonos.

Okay, seems to be fixed! I've received a message from Sonos support (see below) saying that they've been loking at this issue for a couple of days - on their advice I removed and reinstalled the Sonos controller app, rebooted my device (just in case), and its working...

Response Via Email (Liam Lewis)12/04/2017 03:40 AM
Hi Pete,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear you have experience issues with Spotify Connect.

Has this issue since resolved itself for you? We have looked into this issue over the past few days.

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app if you still have trouble?

Please reply with a diagnostic number if your issues persist.

Need more help? Join us on sonos.com/community. We're also available on Twitter via @SonosSupport. For more options visit sonos.com/support

When you call or email, please provide the incident number 171201-002323 to our Customer Care agent and he or she will be able to help you accordingly.

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Liam Lewis
Sonos Customer Care

Ah well, I spoke too soon... I've successfully cast music from the Spotify app to one of my Sonos speakers, but I then tried to link to a further three grouped speakers and it doesn't respond, it's now 'glued' to my first choice... I'll get back to Sonos. BTW, has anyone noticed that altering the volume in the Spotify app produces an odd popping sound whilst music is paused? 

PROOF THAT SPOTIFY IS THE PROBLEM

I just "disabled" (because I am not allowed to actually uninstall) the Spotify App on my device. I had done this many times, and tried to enable and open without updating many times, but it never let me, so I was stuck with the newest version that had the aforementioned issue. Thanks to McBernie for posting the link. I installed that version and said NO to updating, and now everything works again.

SPOTIFY: FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed for me too, now running  Spotify 8.4.24.871 with auto update disabled in the Play store, and all is well! Kudos to McBernie!

Thanks for doing the legwork McBernie, all's well now running Spotify 8.4.24.871. I've passed the info to Sonos who will hopefully contact Spotify. Thanks again! 

Thanks! Tried everything - nothing worked. Have just reinstalled old version of Spotify and all ok now.

Excellent, but don't forget to disable auto-update for the Spotify app in
Google Play!

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell (Edward
Abbey)

I have the same problem and wasted alot of time trying to fix it.  I now have installed an older version and all is working like it shoult be Although the older version is running slower i rather have the spotify connect feature.

Older version doesn't work for me. I can connect, hit the play button, then while to music does start playing on my Sonos, the Spotify Connect shows the Play button again, as if it stopped playing and the connection is lost. All this while the Sonos continues to play.

Reauthorized the account on Sonos, same faulty behavior described above.

I guess only reverting does not completely fix the issue.

The old version actually worked for me. I don't know if spotify actually monitor these threads so I'll Tweet them to make sure it is on their radar

Thanks for posting this collingwoohoo

can think of no logical reason why you need to get your desktop spotify involved to get your phone app to work, however it worked a treat so cheers 

This FINALLY was the solution for me. Worked 100%. Makes sense too as it was a few weeks back that i got the latest update to spotify and thats when i stopped being able to play on my sonos speakers from the spotify app. I just deleted the Spotify app, downloaded this older version via the link above, and low and behold works fine......Then i went into the Play store, searched for the spotify app there and made sure to turn off auto updates......I dont want to grab the latest version again and break this feature once again. 

I could rant all night about why Spotify and sonos need to get their **bleep** together, I'll save and just say a huge THANK YOU for this.

Can even group speakers again 😄

Suggested posts