Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

So I open up the Spotify app and I can see my sonos devices there waiting to be connected to. I click on them to connect and it says connecting, but then nothing.

This is the same on my iOS app.

They are clearly there but just won't connect.

Strangely when I go through the Sonos desktop app I can paly things from spotify there without problem.

Help!

169 Replies

Has anyone tried the Spotify updates that came out this week? 

Not yet, like you I'm waiting for a guinea-pig, lol!

Yes, new update works for me

New Spotify update works perfectly for me. Better than before.

Same

Problem solved... so far... with last update from Dec 5th. Spotify please keep it this way!

Just updated today and now broken 😞

I took the update today but seems to work.

Strange - obviously, some other variables in the mix. Is this from Android
phone running Marshmellow (mine), Nougat or Opel Fruit?

Not for me. My apps (desktop, iphone, and ipad) all fail to recognize my sonos 1 speakers. They did for two days then just stopped. I tried every singles trick on this thread. Nothing worked. Driving me f**king nuts. 

App was updated yesterday, any joy now?

Unfortunately, no. In fact, I think that's what messed it up for me. I uninstalled app on all devices and reinstalled. Still nothing. Just will not recognize Sonos. So frustrating. 

Same with me. I have Android phone and 2 ipad and my spotify does not even see my sonos 5 speakers.

Everything has to be done through Sonos 

Helpppp?! 

Broke for me this week. I use the desktop program mostly, but also have it on my Android. It can find my Echo no problem, but not my Sonos. Sonos has to go through the app. At one point I had it playing through the Echo and the Sonos, out of sync. But then the Echo realized and stopped, and shortly after the Sonos stopped and would not start again. All from the desktop.

I think the error happens if you are connected through VPN.

My Spotify app just updated yesterday and my connection to Sonos died today. I can't make it work through either the Sonos or Spotify apps. So frustrating. I'm also not connected through a VPN, but over wireless.

Sadly - I’m not going through a VPN so that is not the problem. Thanks
anyway.

Have the same issue, started this week again.

Also hade the issue for a fews moths ago.

Via Sonos own app everything works flawlessly.

But via Spotifys app nothing works anymore, not even with the older version suggested in this thread.

Contected Sonos support, and after 30mins they came to the conclusion that is was a Spotify issue.

I’ve just had the same issue! Gggrrr....

My Spotify has been working for months with Sonos and now just decided not to work.

Done all the obvious ‘turn it off and on again’ tasks mentioned, but still not fixed. 

Do do we know if this is a Spotify or Sonos issue? Any news from ethier parties?

No they told me to turn it all off and on but didn't resolve the issue. So
frustrating.

Same issue here. Sonos is not seen from any Spotify app on my network. Be it iPad, Android, macos or windows. 

Suggested posts