Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

So I open up the Spotify app and I can see my sonos devices there waiting to be connected to. I click on them to connect and it says connecting, but then nothing.

This is the same on my iOS app.

They are clearly there but just won't connect.

Strangely when I go through the Sonos desktop app I can paly things from spotify there without problem.

Help!

169 Replies

Thanks for finding the correct apk it worked instantly!

I'd recommend to download from ApkMirror it has been created by the guys of AndroidPolice and is a safe source to download apks
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-24-871-release/spotify-music-8-4-24-87...

ok found a solution 

it was apparently my spotify app on windows that hung the spotify connect on the sonos

so i used windows app to play on the phone then i was able to connect to sonos with the phone ... it just begin to work again

Glad things are working again!

For future reference, use an app like 'APK Extractor' to save a working
version of Spotify so that you can always recover things if an update borks
things.

Cheers
Pete

Here's a possible resolution for you. I had the same problem: I could see the sonos device from Spotify but when I tried to select it, nothing happened. It would say "connecting" but nothing resulted. 

I tried everything.  Updated Sonos app, updated Spotify app, re-authorized user in Sonos, removed and reinstalled user in Sonos, rebooted the phone. No love. 

Today I resolved it from Spotify. I touched the green text at the bottom of the main Spotify screen that displays while you play music (the place where you would tap to toggle between local device vs Sonos). That brings up the "Connect to a device" screen. Then I touched the three dots to the right of the sonos device. Then I selected my Sonos device and touched "Forget this device" (out of desperation). Then my Sonos device reappeared and it started working.  

Last Spotify app on Android has Spotify connect broken again, at least with Sonos hardware.

Tracks are cut out, stops randomly.

Nothing changed on Sonos side, at least for what I can see.

That's my experience too. Really disappointing

Solved for me. Went back to older player. Which instantly fixed the issue. 

I start playing music from Spotify (iOS) on Sonos device. After a couple of songs Spotify loses synchronization with Sonos by showing no progress and stops updating currently playing song. It's incredibly annoying. Then I need to move to Sonos app and choose "End Spotify session". Sometimes it helps sometimes not and when I go back to the Spotify there is no green label with currently playing device. Then I need to kill Spotify app and rerun. 

This is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING 

the Spotify connect feature is the only reason i cancelled A prime and chose to go back to Spotify. Now this is exactly what's not working and Spotify seems not to bother. Everytime I use Spotify connect with my PC or tablet I can also use it on my phone (Android Oreo, OnePlus 5T). As soon as I quit the session it wouldn't show Sonos soeakers within the app any more. Can do whatever I want, reinstall both apps etc etc. Downgrading seems to work, but what kind of solution is this?!?! SPOTIFY TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND FIX IT FOR GOOD - after all what kind of USP is this if it doesn't work?

Suggested posts