Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Re: Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Miguele
Casual Listener

I agree its a few more steps and alitte more complicated, but since I did the above I havent had any issues using the new version perfectly. 

Also I forgot to mention the issue happend to me when I was running the new version on my phone and the old version was still on my laptop, I have since updated to the current version. That might be the cause, I dont know for sure. 

christeniversen
Casual Listener

Thanks Miguele,

When I selected the Sonos speakers in the laptop application, the phone application suddenly declared there were Sonos speakers to connect to.

So I did. And it works. This is very possibly temporary though.

Cheers,

CIv

cheev87

Hi Miguel, that works for me. Thanks

Devinawedsanup

Worked a treat. Thanks. That was really annoying

Cfabes
Casual Listener

@Mcbernie wrote:

That worked for me too. Delete the Spotify app and install the previous version. Found that here: https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1671480

Backdating the app works but lost some features like music quality in settings. I hope Spotify is taking note and can work on an update quickly.

easygraham

Worked for me!!  Thanks Miguele.

dc336
Casual Listener

Yes. Thanks Miguele. I'm running the Linux Spotify on my laptop. Logging out of that and back in fixed the issue - at least for now.

puzling

I was having same issue. Tried all the tricks... nothing worked.  Even passing control from laptop failed. Seemed like control was still either on phone or laptop, but not recognizing the pass between player hosts. 

Then I uninstalled Sonos app on android altogether... bam.  Spotify still recognozed my speakers even though I had uninstalled Sonos app entirely.  Then rebooted phone... still working.  Decided to reinstall Sonos and see if it breaks.  Still worked! 

Good luck folks - really sucks when basic functionality stops.  It's the only reason I got these speakers.  But keep in mind, if Spotify is working with other devices and fails with Sonos, I would tend to scrutinize the Sonos integration software more than Spotify.  Keep pressuring Sonos to assist with this issue. They are responsible for integrating hardware with music apps. 

And... my rant for the day: these Captchas suck BIG time.  My new and clear winner for most annoying technology.  I despise them!!!!

rosaku

Thanks Miguele
I thught i had tryed everything, but this worked!!!

Jccburt

From WITHIN the Sonos app:

BROWSE/ SPOTIFY/ YOUR MUSIC...

Works every time so far...

Annoying, I know, but at least it works...

SUGGESTED POSTS