Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Re: PROOF THAT SPOTIFY IS THE PROBLEM

beardypete
Music Fan

Fixed for me too, now running  Spotify 8.4.24.871 with auto update disabled in the Play store, and all is well! Kudos to McBernie!

Re: Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

beardypete
Music Fan

Thanks for doing the legwork McBernie, all's well now running Spotify 8.4.24.871. I've passed the info to Sonos who will hopefully contact Spotify. Thanks again! 

dehopki

Thanks! Tried everything - nothing worked. Have just reinstalled old version of Spotify and all ok now.

beardypete
Music Fan
Excellent, but don't forget to disable auto-update for the Spotify app in
Google Play!

Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell (Edward
Abbey)

Dipocles

I have the same problem and wasted alot of time trying to fix it.  I now have installed an older version and all is working like it shoult be Although the older version is running slower i rather have the spotify connect feature.

solariss
Regular

Older version doesn't work for me. I can connect, hit the play button, then while to music does start playing on my Sonos, the Spotify Connect shows the Play button again, as if it stopped playing and the connection is lost. All this while the Sonos continues to play.

Reauthorized the account on Sonos, same faulty behavior described above.

I guess only reverting does not completely fix the issue.

marcusbabajews
Regular

The old version actually worked for me. I don't know if spotify actually monitor these threads so I'll Tweet them to make sure it is on their radar

donkimagic
Casual Listener

Thanks for posting this collingwoohoo

can think of no logical reason why you need to get your desktop spotify involved to get your phone app to work, however it worked a treat so cheers 

ericf4
Regular

This FINALLY was the solution for me. Worked 100%. Makes sense too as it was a few weeks back that i got the latest update to spotify and thats when i stopped being able to play on my sonos speakers from the spotify app. I just deleted the Spotify app, downloaded this older version via the link above, and low and behold works fine......Then i went into the Play store, searched for the spotify app there and made sure to turn off auto updates......I dont want to grab the latest version again and break this feature once again. 

donkimagic
Casual Listener
I could rant all night about why Spotify and sonos need to get their **bleep** together, I'll save and just say a huge THANK YOU for this.

Can even group speakers again :-D
SUGGESTED POSTS