Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

Re: Can't connect to Sonos players in Spotify Connect

nobes99
Casual Listener

Unfortunately, no. In fact, I think that's what messed it up for me. I uninstalled app on all devices and reinstalled. Still nothing. Just will not recognize Sonos. So frustrating. 

Macka1
Casual Listener

Same with me. I have Android phone and 2 ipad and my spotify does not even see my sonos 5 speakers.

Everything has to be done through Sonos 

Helpppp?! 

BeamerM3
Visitor

Broke for me this week. I use the desktop program mostly, but also have it on my Android. It can find my Echo no problem, but not my Sonos. Sonos has to go through the app. At one point I had it playing through the Echo and the Sonos, out of sync. But then the Echo realized and stopped, and shortly after the Sonos stopped and would not start again. All from the desktop.

OMO

I think the error happens if you are connected through VPN.

curlietop86

My Spotify app just updated yesterday and my connection to Sonos died today. I can't make it work through either the Sonos or Spotify apps. So frustrating. I'm also not connected through a VPN, but over wireless.

Macka1
Casual Listener
Sadly - I’m not going through a VPN so that is not the problem. Thanks
anyway.

Schnigel

Have the same issue, started this week again.

Also hade the issue for a fews moths ago.

Via Sonos own app everything works flawlessly.

But via Spotifys app nothing works anymore, not even with the older version suggested in this thread.

Contected Sonos support, and after 30mins they came to the conclusion that is was a Spotify issue.

paulgibon

I’ve just had the same issue! Gggrrr....

My Spotify has been working for months with Sonos and now just decided not to work.

Done all the obvious ‘turn it off and on again’ tasks mentioned, but still not fixed. 

Do do we know if this is a Spotify or Sonos issue? Any news from ethier parties?

Macka1
Casual Listener
No they told me to turn it all off and on but didn't resolve the issue. So
frustrating.

elipsoid
Casual Listener

Same issue here. Sonos is not seen from any Spotify app on my network. Be it iPad, Android, macos or windows. 

SUGGESTED POSTS