Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can’t create a new playlist

Can’t create a new playlist

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have an iPhoneXS with a family premium account, the other person on my account doesn’t have this issue. 

I can’t make a new playlist, I used to be able to but now I can’t.

I have restarted my phone, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I’m at a lose for what else to do. I can’t find a number for Spotify to call so I hope this works other wise I’ll cancel and go with someone that will let me create a playlist.

16 Replies

Hey there @Paulympls!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out, we'll gladly help you out.

Can you let us know exactly what happens when you try to create a playlists?

If you get an error message, a screenshot of it would help us a lot in solving this.

We'll also need to know if can create playlists on desktop or the web player.

Once we have a bit more info, we'll do some more digging 🔍

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It looks normal but when I click on it nothing happens.  It’s not greyed out and no error code is given. It allowed me to make a playlist from and already generated playlist for my kids. When I try to make one from scratch it does nothing.  Help plz.  

400E89C7-84D3-4099-951A-3326B24F8152.png

I have had this same problem ever since I updated the Spotify app 

Did you try to add a song to a playlist and from there does it let you create a new one?

Having the same issue

Having the same issue here 

Same problem.

Hello!
I'm not a Moderator, RisingStar, RockStar or anything but I try to help you.
Sometimes I have Problems with Spotify too so I usually restart my phone, look for Updates, report it to Spotify as a bug, Clear Cache, deinstall, try to find an older version of Spotify if the update doesn't work, install it, restart my phone again usually it works so, maybe try this but if it still doesn't work give it some time because my Spotify used to crash when I started it and I always gave it some time and then it would work again. It would be nice if you could tell me since when the Problem exists.

I hope I could help you 🙂

I just noticed the problem this past weekend. The problem is not on the Windows version. It could be related to iOS 13.6.

Problem fixed. Must be a new version.

At least I know I have company on this problem. I did create two playlists today, but the other 20 times not so. My guess it’s an IOS issue with my iPhone. Will just have to wait until it works again. 

Same thing happening to me on iPhone pressing “new playlist” does nothing

Hey there @Kotcheff,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you performed a clean reinstall of the app yet? You can find the steps here.

Could you also tell us if you can create playlists by clicking on a song and selecting the Add to new Playlist option?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. Thanks for touching base. I reinstalled Spotify before I posted my
first message. I also knew how then to create a new playlist. I still had
problems but for a couple of weeks, and then things were better. Then this
week back to square one. Today I installed the latest version of IOS and
it’s working. My guess on the source of this problem is the interplay
between the Spotify software and the iOS on my phone, both of which change
on a regular basis.

I’ve noticed when I’m playing a song and try adding the song to a “NEW” Playlist is when I encounter this problem of not being able to create a new Playlist. If I pause the song or toggle my data connection off and on sometimes this clears up the problem and I can then open the song again and add it to a “NEW” Playlist. So, it seems this could somehow be a bandwidth, cacheing, communications or connection problem also. Try this, hope it helps.

This isn't just happening on the app, i'm having the same issue on the website. It's not letting me create a new playlist, but after a reloaded the page nothing loads on the site anymore. The only 'error code' it gives is "Something went wrong etc etc" for both problems.

Suggested posts