Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Can’t create a new playlist

Re: Can’t create a new playlist

Roadie

Problem fixed. Must be a new version.

Casual Listener

At least I know I have company on this problem. I did create two playlists today, but the other 20 times not so. My guess it’s an IOS issue with my iPhone. Will just have to wait until it works again. 

Visitor

Same thing happening to me on iPhone pressing “new playlist” does nothing

Hey there @Kotcheff,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you performed a clean reinstall of the app yet? You can find the steps here.

Could you also tell us if you can create playlists by clicking on a song and selecting the Add to new Playlist option?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Casual Listener
Hello. Thanks for touching base. I reinstalled Spotify before I posted my
first message. I also knew how then to create a new playlist. I still had
problems but for a couple of weeks, and then things were better. Then this
week back to square one. Today I installed the latest version of IOS and
it’s working. My guess on the source of this problem is the interplay
between the Spotify software and the iOS on my phone, both of which change
on a regular basis.

Casual Listener

I’ve noticed when I’m playing a song and try adding the song to a “NEW” Playlist is when I encounter this problem of not being able to create a new Playlist. If I pause the song or toggle my data connection off and on sometimes this clears up the problem and I can then open the song again and add it to a “NEW” Playlist. So, it seems this could somehow be a bandwidth, cacheing, communications or connection problem also. Try this, hope it helps.

SUGGESTED POSTS