Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't delete songs from my own playlist

Solved!

Can't delete songs from my own playlist

Upgraded app.
Reinstalled app.
Read community threads.
All
It does if I swipe right is "save or remove song from "your music" but doesn't go from the playlist! How annoying

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@11151321503 wrote:
Upgraded app.
Reinstalled app.
Read community threads.
All
It does if I swipe right is "save or remove song from "your music" but doesn't go from the playlist! How annoying

Hi,

1. Go into the playlist.

2. Tap on the context menu in the upper right corner

3. Tap on Edit

4. Delete tracks by tapping the red icon

//Charlotta, QA at Spotify

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

@11151321503 wrote:
Upgraded app.
Reinstalled app.
Read community threads.
All

Hi,

1. Go into the playlist.

2. Tap on the context menu in the upper right corner

3. Tap on Edit

4. Delete tracks by tapping the red icon

//Charlotta, QA at Spotify

Just asking why can't you make it possible to delete from playlist history, I mean if try new song in the list and don't like, then easy to delete than go through playlist and shuffle through thousands of songs. just thinking.

I can't delete individual songs anymore from my play queue, I can just clear my whole playlist. Why is it all or nothing? I know where the menu item should be, it simply is not there anymore. 

Spotify software updates != happiness. 

ETA: Scratch what I just said. If you highlight the tracks you don't want, you can use the delete key to get rid of them. 

Why is it when you click edit to delete songs from your playlist your songs do not come up in alphabetical order by song or artist? how do I get around this? It doesn't make sense to have to scroll through the entire playlist to find one song.

There's no "Edit" button in the list.
Is there any other way?

I don't have an Edit option 😭

I have the edit button but it's not working. When I press, the app stops. I tried to delete the app, and reinstall but nothing is working.

Hi Why you dont make this easier Spotify Team?

I´ve the premium service and not finding how to remove, delete, explode some songs I no longer want in my radio list. It should be easy like clicking with the rigth button and choosing for removing/deleting, but no, it is very hidden in some place if available. Shame! 

Hi,

I fully understand how to edit songs from a playlist, i've previously edited multiple playlists on my iOS version of spotify, but since changing to Android I don't have the 'edit' option when I click the context menu on upper right corner. All I see available is:

Remove Download

Rename

Go to Playlist Radio

Make Collaborative

Make Secret 

Add to Home Screen

No 'Edit' anywhere? I have used Spotify for 4 years and love it but I can't figure out where the edit function has gone! For context I am on a Huawei P10 Lite, using Android 7.0 and have the latest version of spotify downloaded as at 12th Jan 2018.

Screenshot attached. 

Cheers,
Tom

Screenshot_20180112-173650.png

Seems like Spotify doesn't care much. If you're already paying for the app, no need to improve the App, just hire more people to track illegal usage, to PR, expand but not implement BASIC Features 😞 A way to go.

There's no edit function as an option. That's insane, why would they do that?

Yeah you need to individually delete them one by one. So frustrating.

I found it by accident - literally. Now you have to click on the group of names that appear as a preview of your list. When you do that, your entire playlist appears and can be edited. 

0AD5F136-C099-408F-A5E0-A1F07C39CFBA.png

Where do you click exactly if you're using mobile spotify? Could you list
the steps I still can't do it.

"Edited", you say? You can't delete songs from this menu. Only tell it not to play the songs. Why are the Spotify devs so insistent on not letting people remove songs from playlists? Is this a premium feature?

I think they just recently fixed it, the latest update on Android and Mac seems to be able to do the multiple edit function, finally!

It's not a premium feature. For some reason you can't ever change your mind about what playlist a song is on unless you are on the desktop app.  You can only request a song not be played again. But that applies to the song no matter the playlist(s) it's on. This new "feature" has been rolled out with all the pomp of pop up suggestion promotions. I think I speak for everyone who's ever posted on this topic: Not solved. We're still wondering why you eliminated the real editing feature (of being able to remove songs from a playlist) from mobile. Why make it hard for music lovers to winnow down a playlist by process of elimination? When I ask my online community they all suggest using other services. Why can't I delete songs from playlists easily? Is it because that is somehow way more complicated on the backend than users can comprehend? Is it because you (Spotify) want artists to see that many users have them on playlists? Seriously, what could be the possible reason for only allowing actual editing of playlists on desktop version of your app? Please don't make us switch platforms. Please reinstate the delete song option at the mobile level and let us edit our playlists. Please. 

Suggested posts