Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download App

Can't download App

Hiya, just got iPhone 6 and it won't let me download app onto this device, shows the cloud with down arrow but won't download it, have already on iPad and samsung TV so why won't it work on new phone. Thanks
35 Replies

"Spotify is no longer on the phone as far as I can see. When I go to the App Store to download it all I see is the cloud icon with the downward facing arrow. If I press that then there's a split second where it looks like it's beginning to download then snaps straight back to the cloud/arrow combo."

This is happening to me too, premium account.  I have tried loggnig out of app store and back in.  It still wont download.  Its been a few days now...not sure waht else to try.

Thank you! This worked!! Hahaha. Insane.

Like multiple others, the phone will not allow me to download App. I have signed out of itunes 10 times at least. Have re-started the phone multiple times and have tapped the icon to down load at least 100 times. This has been going on for the last week. I am a premium member and if this is not resolved today, I will just go back to i heart radio where I had no issues. I have emailed as well with no reply.

Hey guys, this is definitely not going to be an issue with Spotify itself, but would rather be a problem with iOS. I have experienced the same problem before with other random apps. A workaround you can use is to use iTunes on your computer to download and sync the app over. Otherwise, you may need to contact Apple, or restore your phone. 

This isn't a problem that Spotify would be able to resolve, unfortunately. 

I continued to try to spam the download button once in a while and randomly one time it finally worked.  I'm glad to have Spotify working again but I won't go through that again.  If this ever happens again I'm cancelling.  Spotify's support is terrible.

Well it's not a problem with Spotify so not sure what they could have done 😜

If they want my money they are going to have to help with the solution.  At least provide a number for support or reliable responses when customers are looking for help.  When faced with a product that doesn't work that I pay for monthly...I have no option other than finding a new prodduct, right?  I can't fix iOS if that is indeed the problem.  None of my other apps have this problem.  What else would you suggest if this happens again?  And not once have I seen Spotify claim this isn't their problem, that only comes from other users.  If it really isn't their issue they should make a formal statement declaring that...and that they are working with Apple for a resolution.  They just do nothing and collect the cash.  Unacceptable.

I had the same issue and this was the only way of fixing it. Thanks!!

Ahaha I scrolled through everything and all you needed to do was keep pressing till it worked 😂

Having same issue on wife's son. We've tried all the solutions provided here. I will try again tonight. If I can't, I'll have to unsusctibe after more than 3 years paying premium service.

monkey method: ON! worked, thanks

this is related to iOS, not Spotify. On my iPad the problem was that there were age restrictions installed. Go to settings -> General -> restrictions and lift whatever (age) restriction might be blocking spotify.

I've done this and it didn't help. When I click on the download cloud it looks like it is starting then goes to the stop button. Then you click this andgoes back to the cloud. Never actually downloads! Help! I have paid version and would like to use it!
IMG_2902.PNG
IMG_2901.PNG

I solved this issue clicking the download button a LOT of times unit after a good while of click after click it downloaded. Even restoring the phone didn't work. Just keep a good amount of time trying.

This was happening to me, and I tried turning off my phone, signing in and out, pressing it twenty times, to no avail. However, I then went into all my apps that were still "waiting" to download, like iMovie and Garage Band, and deleted them. As soon as I did that, Spotify was able to download. I then re-installed those apps I deleted. All worked perfectly. Good luck! 🙂

is there a solution to this

Suggested posts