Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't download the music for offline use

Solved!

Can't download the music for offline use

Hi all, I'm using the premium service but everytime I save the music to 'my songs' list.. It won't download! Which means I can't listen to that particular song offline.

Any idea why?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You're experiencing this problem with a single song, right?

Try to delete that particular song from "My Songs" and add it again. If the problem persists, try the following steps:

- Close Spotify from the App Switcher (by double pressing the Home Button to display the cards and sliding Spotify's card upwards as if throwing it away)

- Launch Spotify again from the Home Screen

- Go to "My Songs" from the sliding side menu

- Switch the Offline Toggle off and then back on.

Let us know if this solves the problem.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You're experiencing this problem with a single song, right?

Try to delete that particular song from "My Songs" and add it again. If the problem persists, try the following steps:

- Close Spotify from the App Switcher (by double pressing the Home Button to display the cards and sliding Spotify's card upwards as if throwing it away)

- Launch Spotify again from the Home Screen

- Go to "My Songs" from the sliding side menu

- Switch the Offline Toggle off and then back on.

Let us know if this solves the problem.

Hi.. It's not just a single song... Now half of my song list are no longer available for offline listening.

I have the same problem. Started a week ago. My ipod refuses to synchronize. Old playlists still show, but songs are only being played up to 90 seconds, then stop. Deleted Spotify on my ipod and re-installed. No change. Is this a new problem? Worked fine for 3 months (premium).

You might want to check by going to iPhone/iPod Settings -> general -> usage to see the disk space. Spotify needs at least 1GB of free space to operate.

There could be old caches stuck in the app.

You should have min 1GB of free space for streaming and if you need to sync playlists, the rough estimate would be 100 songs to 1.4GB.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I have the same issue.. I got more than 3 GB free space but still i can't.. Any help please?

Same problem here

this worked!

What did you do? 

I have same problem but in widows 7, Downloads doesn't work!!

Hey @Lunnacd

The problem you are having could be the result of a couple of factors:

1. You have a duplicate offline device on your account.

2. You have reached the 3,333 offline tracks limit per device.

3. You dont have enough storage space.

If I could first of all provide you with a summary of how to sync tracks to your desktop:

1. Check if you have a duplicate device here.

2. If you can see two or three devices, I suggest that you disconnect all of them. It will mean you'll need to re-sync any tracks you had set to offline mode.

2. Make sure you haven't reached the 3,333 tracks limit per device.

3. Make sure you have enough free storage space on your computer.

3. Go to the playlist/s you want to save for offline use.

4. Switch on the Available Offline tab.

5. Your playlist should begin syncing.

in mac i cant save my music at all because there're no available offline buttom in it 

same there isnt any avaliable offline button in the Songs

Yep,that worked for me, I had more than one offline devices,  thanks!

For those who still can't find any solutions wherein songs from albums fail to be saved and downloaded for offline listening (like me earlier), I just logged out my account from the app, then re-login. My next attempt in downloading songs from albums already worked.

It's doesn't work

They said I don't have any offline devices

sir darn still can't download my 214 songs..i got more than 300songs but this darn 214 songs cant download..huhuhu pls help us

Same situation hereeee! :((

What I don't understand is that I already turned on the download using data in my settings in which the screenshot below shows, but it didn't work. I can't download the songs. Can somebody please help me? :((
Screenshot_2017-04-19-00-19-48-20.png
Screenshot_2017-04-19-00-19-35-05.png

It wont let me and im on the computer 

IT DELETED ALL MY SONGS i had over 800

Suggested posts